“Another amazing spa day” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 133 Activities in Glasgow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Another amazing spa day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Visited the spa last year and it was great this year was just as good - everything so relaxing from start to finish didnt want to go home!

Well done to everyone staff are fantastic.

Visited September 2012

11 attraction reviews
“A light and sound exprience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I rated this spa with my review of the Blythswood hotel and can't rate it enough. It's part of the hotel complex and use of the spa is included in your room rate. A great experience that will be experienced again

Visited August 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“All fur coat, no knickers.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Thermal spa. The key word here is 'Thermal'. Volcanic might be better though. The spa itself is situated in the basement of the above hotel, so on entering you descend into what feels like the heart of Mont Vesuvius (yes it is that hot). This would be fine if the heat was contained to the spa area but unfortunately and unforgivably the changing rooms have no air conditioning and therefore are the exact same temperature as the spa (roasting). Trying to cool down after showering is a joke. Almost everyone else there complained due to the unbearable heat in the locker rooms. Who wants to relax then stress over trying to cool down? Make up application in a 30C locker room? Have a try, it's not fun. On leaving for lunch I could see instantly that my husband also had the same problem with the heat thanks to his shirt that looked like he'd been for a shower still wearing it.
The changing area is more or less a glorified gym locker room, albeit more tastefully decorated. A single bench backed against the wall doesn't leave much space to get ready, particularly when the room is often crowded. I found out later that the reason for this is the hotel seems to enjoy courting clientelle that purchases 'cut price deals' via internet voucher sites. This basically means that rather than the spa containing mainly residents with a few paying guests, that instead you have some fairly undesirable members of the public frequenting the area with some choice language. Not what you want to hear when trying to relax.
The spa itself is rather dark with neon lighting, on first impression it looks nice but unfortunately on our visit 50% of the areas weren't working. A bit poor considering the rates asked for. The whirlpool was inexplicably lacking in bubbles, hot rooms cold, no plunge pool, but my favourite was the ominously named 'Dark pool' which was basically a lift shaft filled with water with a light shining diffent colours. Waste of time.

If you want a nice spa visit the Old Course Hotel in St Andrews. Blythswood take note.

Visited July 2012
7 attraction reviews
“Best spa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Booked in for a spa day here with some friends last weekend and all I can say is WOW! From the moment we arrived we were really taken with how perfect everything was. Every detail seems to have been thought about. The staff were lovely, the decor was stunning and the spa itself was bliss!

We started off with a light lunch. Agree with what others have said, it is pretty expensive for a sandwich, as tasty as they were, but guess this is what you expect in a hotel of this quality.

After lunch we were taken to the changing room and shown our locker containing towels, a robe and a bottle of water. We were told how to get the best use of the spa and what time to come up to the waiting room for our treatments. We then spent a blissful 2 hours going round the various rooms and enjoying the pools, I particularly loved the hydro pool! The spa is not huge but I liked that as it meant everything was close at hand so we could all do different things without getting lost! The lighting was amazing and best of all, it wasn't too busy so you were able to use all of the rooms/facilities without having to wait.

I had an amazing body wrap treatment, which was the best I've had anywhere (seasoned spa-goer!)...the rooms were the perfect temperature and the therapist was very friendly yet professional (even when I fell asleep!!). By the time I finished my treatment and got to the relaxation rooms I was ready for my bed...I was so relaxed!

This was the nicest spa I've ever been to (so far anyway) and I would go back in a minute...in fact I've already booked to take my mum next month.

Finally, I'm not sure why a few people are commenting saying this is an office area etc etc. Are they not aware that these are reviews for Blythswood Square Spa and not Blythswood Square itself??

Visited June 2012
aberdeen
“Such a relaxing morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I bought this as a treat for myself and my boyfriend and it would be difficult to find fault with this 5 * spa. Lots of low and relaxing lighting with lots of rooms to relax in - saunas, steam room, hydro pool etc.
The staff were pleasant and helpful and there is a little cafe which I thought was very expensive.
A great morning