“Service and food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #518 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Very good ethnic restaurant Turkish,Iranian & Iraqi food Very reasonable and delicuios
“Service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been there many times with my friends and we have had mixed grill and shawarma and traditional naan bread home made .. So the food and service is great ... The most importantly that the staffs are so friendly and so polite .. We never disappointed at having meals there with my family and pals ... The best BQQ mixed girl is the one I have ever had with the best naan bread .. Can't wait to go back there for a dinner with my girlfriend ... We always enjoy it so much ... Thanks to all staffs in Babylon cafe

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

was there today..I ordered M kebabs, Half way through I realised the kebabs weren't cooked well. I decided to let the staff know but instead the manger came over and was very argumentative about it , he said why didn't I tell him earlier, the problem was only half of it was cooked. I was very disappointed at their services, they didn't offer me a refund me, or gave me any discount and they never apologized either.

Would never go back there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Sharing platter!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went there a few weeks back to try the sharing platter recommended by an Iranian himself. Got there and the people were all very friendly. Simple decor but cosy. Our starter was the "Babylon Special Platter" that had baba ganoj, hummus and falafel that was served with fresh naan. The main dish came quickly after our starter was cleared (we were already almost full from the starter) and we just could not get enough of it!

Would recommend as the prices are also extremely reasonable. A good value for money.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cheap but dubious about the quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Been here a few times with family. It's okay for a cheap meal but I worry about the quality of the meat on offer! My brother has been sick a couple times after eating here. I wouldn't go back myself as I haven't enjoyed the flavours of the food on offer. Service is really slow as well!

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Tasty, value-for-money middle eastern food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for the first time on 1 Feb 13 for dinner with girlfriend. It was hard to find, as I was shown to different places by different maps. It is actually located below the railway bridge going into Glasgow Central Station, on the East side of Clyde Place.

It's a strange layout; it looks like a regular take away booth when you walk in, except there is another door that leads into the actual sit in. No fancy decor, as we were already aware of, but it was tidy and clean.

I know I put the service as "average" but i thought it was actually good enough. After all, I went to look for great food, so I did not need a 5 star service in a normal restaurant.

And I wasn't disappointed because the food were deliciois and very filling. Couldn't finish the mixed grill platter after having the starter, also because we were saving our stomach for Turkish baklava, which is possibly the best way to end a meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere