“Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Glasgow

You added Hotel Indigo Glasgow to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Glasgow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA, Scotland (Anderston)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 91 Hotels in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Falkirk, Scotland
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Visited here again on a DBB package through hotel conx.

Upgraded room no problem and the food was superb in the Lime bar & Grill. Best asset is the staff especially the lass who served us dinner - what a credit to her company.

No fault of the hotel but our stay was upset by a couple who thought coming back in at 2.30 am - arguing and shouting, playing dance music is acceptable - to give the hotel its due this was sorted out very quickly, hope the couple are blacklisted.

All in all would not stay anywhere else at the moment and looking to go back for our anni end of July - hopefully on a super deal again!!!!!!

Thank you for a great time (and steak).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Well-styled rooms and public areas, tho' storage space in our room was inadequate. Good attempt at boutique style for a large, international chain. We ony ate in for breakfast - good continental spread, but neither my husband, nor our friends, enjoyed the Scottish sausage square. The staff were very friendly, especially on reception. We would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Many thanks for deciding to stay with us at Hotel Indigo Glasgow and for taking the time to feed back.

I was disappointed to hear that your husband and friends did not enjoy their square sausage I will, of course, pass these comments onto our Executive Chef.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Decided to give the Indigo a chance, smack bang in the centre of town, on a busy street etc etc.

Loved it! Never heard a sound from outside, rooms are clean and a decent size witha comfy bed. Even the car park is only across the street!

So no more nights in the hateful Crowne Plaza for me....

Only annoying thing was the way the staff refer to you constantly as 'Guys' - Mrs DW was not impressed!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hotel Indigo Glasgow.

It is always a pleasure to hear how our guests enjoyed their visit and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Excellent hotel, best I've stayed in during my time so far in Glasgow.
Quiet, smaller hotel with great stylish rooms in a fairly nice location. Really excellent food and good value for the set menu.
Small gym but adequate and never too busy.
Good wifi signal (4th floor) but a little slow at peak times would be my only issue.
Already booked again and looking forward to many more stays.

Room Tip: 4th floor was excellent for being quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding both the hotel and facilities. Your comments are very much appreciated and I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Hertford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Room was lovely and spotless, big comfy bed and lovely shower. Only thing that annoyed me was the WiFi in the room. At checking in, I was not told about a password that was needed. I could not connect to the WiFi, so was told to go to reception and get a password that is needed. After getting this, could still not connect in the room. Called down and after asking if WiFi is available in the bedroom (worked fine in corridor), was told that 'WiFi is tempermental. If you have a laptop you can come back down and get a cable that will connect you'. I was staying here for business, and wanted to connect on my iPad. Very annoying as was expecting WiFi as advertised. Would not have mattered if I was not staying for business, but I was there for work reasons and needed connect. Apart from that, as I said the room was lovely and clean and had everything you needed. I would stay again for a work trip if the room had WiFi, and not told 'it's tempermental'. I was there for 4 days, it just didnt work in the room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hotel Indigo Glasgow and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I do understand your frustration regards being able to access the Wi Fi connection within your bedroom. We are working closely with our service provider to try and ascertain what is causing the connection issue and pleased be assured that we are addressing this issue as a matter of urgency.

Our aim is to provide an outstanding experience and I am sorry that we were not able to achieve this on your visit.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I had extremely high hopes as a result of previous reviews and a previous stay at the Hotel Indigo in Liverpool. Room was nice enough and comfortable but we had absolutely no Internet connection in our room for the whole duration stay (3 days) which is a tad annoying in this day and age! (Ok so it isn't the be all and end all and it makes you realise what a slave we all are to our mobile devices and our expectation of Internet access wherever we are.) When I reported it on the first day, I was told by the receptionist that she had a connection downstairs (how was that going to help me when I was on the fifth floor?) and that there was nothing she could do about it. I then found out, on checking out a couple of days later, that this was a known problem. Come on guys, get it sorted! Also, I know this probably sounds really petty and tight but in the minibar in the Hotel Indigo in Liverpoool, I seem to remember we got complementary beer - not so in Glasgow although we did get a selection of other complementary items. On the whole, we had a nice enough stay, the hotel was in a good location and compared to other hotels it was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

As a team we are aware of the issues we are currently experience with our Wi FI service and working closely with our service provider to try and understand what is causing the on-going issue. Please be assured that we are addressing this issue as a matter of urgency and do understand our guests frustration at not be able to access a good Wi Fi connection through a hand held device.

I am pleased to hear that you have also visited the Hotel Indigo Liverpool and hope on your next return to the city you make Indigo your first choice.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Second review and third stay booked.

An excellent hotel. Special thanks to Clara on reception for unravelling a booking problem; her efforts were well above the call of duty and appreciated. Delivers on service all round and the staff are a credit to the hotel.

This is a great addition to Glasgow and looking forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your very kind comments about the hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure to read your review and I'm delighted that you found the hotel and staff exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and I'm glad that you will now make the Hotel Indigo your first choice for your next visit to Glasgow.

Revenue Manager

Been to Hotel Indigo Glasgow? Share your experiences!