“St Louis Cafe Bar” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“St Louis Cafe Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great food, great drink, great service .. .and just one of the loveliest spaces to sit. Privately run and exudes a warmth that corporate ventures rarely achieve.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Always like it, disappointed this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went with friends. Service was really friendly as always. Disappointed with the food - asked for small nachos with jalapeños - got a large with no jalapeños and it tasted pretty bad - nachos burnt and generally tasteless. The one time you want someone to ask if everything was ok!! Was a bit gutted to pay extra for bigger portion I didn't want and didn't like :( Having said that, I've always enjoyed food there before and love the relaxing atmosphere. For that reason I'd still give it a 4 :)

Fife, Scotland
“Warm and Homely - especially when it's bad weather!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My fiance and I decided to visit after being stuck in the house all day with the rain and wanting to escape. We nipped in out of the cold and were greeted fantastically by the staff.

We were seated and remained there for a couple of hours. The place has an authentic homely feel to do it - with both the interesting decor and the cosy atmosphere. We weren't in for food but decided to try a couple of starters. My fiance had a bowl of olives and I had garlic bread. Everything was very very fresh and tasted fantastic.

As we were ready to leave we were astounded at what good value the drinks and nibbles were, very cheap. Will be making the bar our local from now on!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Glasgow atmosphere at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Enjoyed a reasonably priced and tasty meal at the St. Louis Cafe Bar at Thornwood, Glasgow.
Service was superb, atmosphere electric and music phenomenal from the Linda Jackson Band.
Yes, it was busy and there was a queue for the loo but that did not distract from the permeating friendliness from everyone.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
scotland
“HOW DO THEY MAKE THEY'RE GRAVY ?????!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Ate here last night. Atmosphere was quite nice until the entertainment started and more people piled into the cafe standing in front of our table and obscuring our view. I did get a good laugh watching the female (who was standing in front of us) continually shaking her booty close up against my husband whilst flicking her hair and constantly looking around at us.That band was ok but not my kind of music
As I felt quite queezy after my dinner (Heidi pie & the thickest ,strongest tasting gravy I've ever had) and then was sick I cannot in all honestly say the food was any good.

• Visited November 2013