“Always a pleasure” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #156 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Floating on the mezzanine overlooking the main restaurant at The Ubiquitous Chip, The Brasserie offers inventive and wholesome bistro-style dining with the same integrity and commitment to good quality food as the main dining area. Set over the top level of The Chip and offering everything from all day brunch at the weekend, quick midweek lunches and leisurely evening dinners, The Brasserie menu is as diverse as it's surroundings. Like the original restaurant opened back in the 1970s, The Brasserie at the Ubiquitous Chip is on a mission to keep Scottish food and Scottish producers firmly on the culinary map. Using nasturtiums and tomatoes grown on our own mezzanine, Inverurie beef, Seil Island crab, Loch Melfort mussels and Ramsay's of Carluke's pork belly - we offer you the best of what Scotland has to offer in a magical space.
“Always a pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Here again on Friday, as good as it always is. Love the food, love the staff and especially love the setting on the balcony.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

glasgow
“enjoyable place to spend a saturday afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Myself plus 4 friends whiled away a few hours here on Saturday afternoon through to evening. The food was enjoyed by all, but the menu really does need more vegetarian choices. Staff were lovely, but very busy. Love the tables and chairs outside on the lane, and the twinkly lights on the rooftop terrace. Will definetely be back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Whitley Bay
“Sssssh! Keep this one to yourself!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

I'm putting the house up for sale and moving to Glasgow. Oh all right I'm not, but if I did it would be for the Ubiqitous chip and its sisters. The food was fantastic, service lovely and the atmosphere! We were there on a first Saturday so there was live jazz. We were lucky to get a table, but was it ever worth it.

I can't recommend this place enough. I say go for the bistro over the restaurant, but either is fine.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Lovely.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The venison, pear and lanarkshire blue cheese salad was amazing.

Visited April 2012
Glasgow
“Not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We booked a table for 5 in the Brasserie on a Monday night. When we arrived, we stopped at the desk to get allocated our table. The female member of staff at the desk was in conversation with someone else. As soon as she finished the conversation she simply ignored us & walked away to speak to someone at a table. We were a bit non - plussed at this, but stood for a while till eventually a waiter came over & asked if we were being attended to. We told him we had a reservation for the Brasserie & were directed upstairs Same story!! Stood at the desk while the person ahead was attended to then ignored. I was beginning to woder if we 5 were invisible. I eventually managed to get the guy's attention & were given a table. A bit of a crush - a table for 4 with 5 seats. The place was almost empty - I'm sure they could have offered something roomier, but by this time I didn't want to embarrass our guests by complaining.

The service was probably the slowest I've experienced in years - very few tables occupied, yet it took from 7.15 till 11.00pm to complete 3 courses.

The food, however was good (at least for the 4 carnivores). My Wife, who's vegetarian, was not that impressed. I guess they don't really cater to vegetarians that much, or they just don't think it's that important to produce tasty vegetarian food!

Overall the food was good (from a limited menu), the service, whilst friendly, was incredibly slow, & they really ought to get the 'meet & greet' thing sorted out.

I doubt I'll go back. It just might have been a bad night, but there are too many excellent restaurants out there to bother with second chances!

• Visited April 2012