“Enjoyable visit.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #730 of 1,839 Restaurants in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Located down a side street our West End Zizzi is the perfect place to stop off after visiting the Kelvin Grove Museum or the stunning Glasgow Botanic Gardens. Our Zizzi in Glasgow's West End started as a 'Blank Canvas' and, after one night of live art; the walls are now covered with the designs of talented artists from Glasgow School of Art and Edinburgh College of Art.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Alexandria, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Visited with a group of friends and all enjoyed their food. We were advised of a 20 min wait due to ordering the fish stew which was fine. The restaurant itself is bright airy and pleasant and does not feel overcrowded. Sevice has been commented on in some reviews but we found nothing to fault. Prices are okay by West End standards

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney
“Delicious fresh pizza and pasta. Light and airy venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Loved coming inside from the heat. Cool and refreshing inside. Enjoyed a lovely prosecco cocktail then shared thin light garlic bread. Had a skinny rustica primavera pizza - smaller size than usual pizza and with undressed salad on the side. Very accommodating for kids too with crayons and kids menu and high chairs. My latte was too hot and I asked for it to be remade - not a problem for the lovely staff and much better second time round. Overall a great dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Just Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Been loads. Love it. Zizzi's has made the space once occupied by Budda back to the way it was when the Metro Cafe was there: bright, spacious, clean and fresh.

I've been here with 2 large groups and cannot fault the service or the food. I enjoyed the excellent value Christmas menu twice, opting the the £19.95 one (they had 3; £16.95/19.95/24.95) which was 3 courses with a prosecco to start and a limoncello to end.

Service was better the second time; a tall dark haired guy with glasses (Colin?), who was friendly, attentive, jovial and accommodaing. One of the best waiters I've ever had looking after my table, if I'm honest.

The food is great, the pizzas massive (try the superfood salad and pizza combination with someone!). In fact, the portions were so massive even I was stuffed!

They had ran out of Limoncello for our digestif, so they opened the bar up to us to have anything we wanted....AMARETTOOOOOO!!

An amaretto cheesecake with a sneaky side of pistachio ice cream was enough to guarentee it 5 stars, but that combined with ambience, staff and general vibe send my praise to astronomic proportions!

You'll not be disappointed with this place!

Visited December 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing response”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Liked the look of the seafood stew. The waiter says cooked fresh it can take 15 - 20 min. Fair enough, so can I get some bread and olives to nibble on while i'm waiting ?. Apparently not , I would need to buy 2 starters, one with breads one with fancy olives. Sullen response from the waiter when I ask why I cant have some bread. Fish stew was ok although overpriced and under seasoned . Overall a dissapointing visit

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Worst service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Having been twice now I though it may have improved, I was wrong. Don't expect your meal this century as I have never had to wait so long for a meal once it was ordered. The food is ok, although very over priced for a standard Italian. I would advise you to give this place a miss if you like to eat when you are hungry and not an hour after you order.

• Visited June 2013