“Great!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Eat here last night before heading off to a concert. Restaurant was busy with all the pre-Theatre diners so there was a good buzzing atmosphere. Service was fantastic - cannot fault the head waiter, Joe in any way whatsoever - friendly, attentive and engaging. My food was fantastic, had wanted a half portion but they didnt do it for my particular dish - I polished off the lot despite that! Shared starter of chicken liver pate was good but could have had a bit more though. The Pinot Grigio wine was superb. I used to go here years ago and the decor hadnt changed but hey, I like that, its authentic with its red check tablecovers and lots of Italian pictures dotted about. Would love to live nearer so I can be a regular. Will definitely visit again when back in Glasgow, Dinos is a true institution!

• Visited October 2013

kirkcaldy
“Nice food, bad attitude of waiting staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been twice to this restaurant and I think I won’t be back again. First time was for a quick lunch, the second time for breakfast. Both times the food was good and for a decent price however the thing that has stopped me wanting to go back is the attitude of the staff.

When I went for lunch with my partner we stood for about five minutes waiting to be shown a seat as there is sign telling you to wait to be seated. After a while, we sat down at a booth after we couldn’t see a member of staff. As soon as we sat down, a young English waitress appeared from nowhere, came over and told us that we should have waited to be seen before taking a seat, which I thought was quite rude. I saw this happen to another couple and a couple of mature ladies who just got up and left after the same treatment.

The other time I was in for breakfast with a mate, the same thing happened, no-one about until we sat down. This time an older lady with blonde hair and glasses told us off for taking a seat in almost the exact same scenario. However her attitude was slightly aggressive the whole time we were there. I only can sum up her attitude as “I don’t really care if you come back here or not”.
Suffice to say I won’t be back, very unfriendly place in one of the friendliest cities in the country.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Dino's - a really good restaurant - service, food and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I eat regularly in Dino's because it is such a pleasant place to visit. The staff are friendly and efficient, and the same staff have worked there for years. I am sure it helps that the owners eat here regularly.
There are lots of restaurant chains with Italian restaurants in Glasgow but I prefer to eat at the long established family restaurant which is Dino's.
My advice is - try Dino's for a good meal and a pleasant experience. Long live family restaurants!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Italian Restaurant In Glasgow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I frequent this restaurant when in Glasgow. We also use it when celebrating family birthdays. It has a warm, friendly atmosphere and the staff are always obliging and very engaging. The menue is extensive and you are very much spoiled for choice. They also have a fine range in beers and wines. We have never been disappointed in the 20 years that we have used Dino's and we highly recommend it. " FANTASTICO"
Donny and Maureen

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Fraserburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The restaurant itself, the service, the food and the atmosphere were great. It`s a shame I don`t live in Glasgow so I could have more opportunity to come to the restaurant more times and try the vast range of dishes they have on their menu. Wishing even more success for the business. All the best.

• Visited September 2013