“5pm booking” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #313 of 1,869 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar, Pub, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Traditional Merchant City British restaurantLocated on John Street in Glasgow’s Merchant City, Committee Room Number 9 serves British ‘pub grub’ and is a traditional, relaxed venue. To complement their comforting home-cooked food, the restaurant boasts a selection of beers from around the world and a range of malts to please even the most particular whisky connoisseur! Committee Room Number 9 is wheelchair accessible and child-friendly, although under 18s must vacate the premises by 20:00.Freshly made pub grub & Glasgow favouritesThe restaurant’s menu features an array of classic British dishes like the Macsween haggis, neeps and tatties and the ploughman’s sandwich as well as some items from further afield such as the grilled nachos and the vegetable lasagne.Committee Room Number 9 also offers chippy suppers, with the McGhee’s Scotch pie supper proving to be a popular choice amongst diners although the fish supper with pickled onions is a close second.Merchant City & city centre accessibilityCommittee Room Number 9 is on John Street in the Merchant City and is a short distance from the iconic George Square as well as Queen Street train station. Glasgow Central train station is a 10 minute walk from the restaurant, and on street parking is available for guests travelling by car.Free wifi access is available every day of the week, ideal if you’ve got a working lunch or just feel like a nosey on Facebook.
“5pm booking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Booked a table through 5pm.com for the committee rooms. Deal was £12 for 2 course dinner and was more than adequate. Very good service, won't break the bank. Its not a fancy restaurant, just an upmarket bar. But for a catchup with friends it was ideal. No nonsense food, piping hot and well cooked.

Visited January 2014
Mark W, Manager at Committee Room No 9, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hello aandr38,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your recent meal at Committee Room No 9. At the moment we have a variety of offers including our fantastic £12 for two courses deal on 5pm.
I hope to welcome you again soon your next visit.

Kind regards,

Wishaw
“Great Christmas Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We visited Committee Room No. 9 on Friday 13 December for our Christmas lunch.

There were 10 of us in total.

Some of our team had been here in previous years and enjoyed it hence the reason why we booked again.

We waited for a couple of colleagues who were running quite a bit late and the staff were very accommodating. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I especially liked the cheesecake!

The service was great too.

The only downside was that the 2 tables/seating arrangements kept us very much apart and some people never got to speak to others on the opposite table. We should have put them both together so it's a bit of our own fault too.

We were in from 1pm until about 4.30 pm when we had to vacate the table as it was pre-booked for another party but the staff gave us plenty of warning and we were expecting this anyway.

We had a great afternoon and the service provided was great too!

Well done Committee Room No. 9.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mark W, Manager at Committee Room No 9, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Good evening WishawCarly,

Thanks for taking some time to leave some feedback on our TripAdvisor page.

I'm so pleased to hear that you are returning guests from previous years - It's great to hear that we've made such a good impression you want to come back again.
I'm glad you found our staff so accommodating and our cheesecake so great. We recently changed the recipe and our new version is really fantastic.

I'm sorry you felt you didn't have the chance to speak to everybody during the meal. With larger bookings we sometimes sit these at separate tables beside each other, but with a small gap for staff to serve or guests to move around.

We hope to see you next Christmas, or even sooner for a meal or drink.

Many thanks,
The Team @ Committee Room.
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Christmas lunch with very accomodating staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We booked this restraunt for our Christmas team lunch last week. No one had ever been before but because of its location we thought we would try it. The food was great and the service was even better. One of our party has various allergies and the chef went out of there way to purchase gluten free flour and soya milk to make them a dessert. Additionally I made a small comment about the cheescake being a bit soggy( although I should add it was still really nice, I just see myself as a cheescake expert). The restraunt really took it into consideration and came back to say they agreed and took all the cheescakes off the bill. It is by far one of the best services I have ever had.

To top it all off I got a personal email in work to say that they hoped that we had a nice night and they will be changing the recipe of the cheescake along with a 30% off voucher. I think this personal touch is very rare and would highly recommend

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mark W, Manager at Committee Room No 9, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thanks for leaving feedback on our TripAdvisor justine b.
I'm glad you and your work colleges really enjoyed their Christmas Lunch last week. With enough notice, our chefs can accommodate to a variety of allergies so I'm glad one of the members of your party still felt included with your meal.
I'm sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with your cheesecake. We always want to provide the best food we can and so, as you stated in your feedback, we have changed the recipe for the cheesecake and have been using this for bookings over Christmas. I'm glad to hear you felt the staff handled this well on the day.

We look forward to seeing you again in January.

The Team @ Committee Room No. 9
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Ideal City Centre Venue for our Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We held my husband’s 60th birthday party here and what a fantastic evening was had by all. We had several people (aged 20 to 80) coming from outside the city and this venue, just along from George Square is perfectly situated for bus, train, subway and private transport.
As well as the function suite, there are various parts of the bar that can be reserved. We reserved the raised area which holds up to 50 people. The seating is normally booths, but the staff will happily arrange the tables and seats in whatever format you want to suit your requirements, absolutely no problem. They will also put up your banners and balloons for you, which was great.
I had been here several times for works nights out, and knew that it has a really good atmosphere, Their DJ is spot on and plays music for every taste, so although we had our own reserved area we were still part of the general pub atmosphere .

We selected one of their buffet options and were really delighted with it .Every one of our guests commented on it. Everything was presented piping hot and we were provided with real plates – not the usual paper things that collapse on you.
There is an excellent well stocked, well staffed bar and a good thing is, if you wish, you can buy drinks vouchers to give your guests. We bought two for each guest which meant we were paying for drinks in advance and didn’t have to be at the bar the whole evening.
I cannot praise the staff highly enough, The bar staff were terrific and Serena and Mark were an absolute pleasure to deal with ,right from the initial booking to the actual evening, when they were extremely attentive throughout, ensuring we were happy with everything. Nothing was any bother. Thanks to you all !!
I have no hesitation in absolutely recommending the Committee Room No 9 for any celebration - you won’t be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Good evening Sheebee211,

We appreciate you taking time to leave feedback on our TripAdvisor.
I'm so glad you and your husband enjoyed your evening at Committee Room 9 for his birthday.
As you have said, our raised areas allow for private areas but still feel included in the general pub atmosphere, particularly at weekends when we have live music and our DJ.
I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed the Buffet provided (and the fact we don't have use those nasty paper plates and tricky to use plastic forks).
I'm also really pleased to hear you found the staff helpful and accommodating.
I hope to see you again soon, either for another function or just for wee drink.

The Team @ Committee Room No. 9
Glasgow
“All day in whats now my favorite Glasgow bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had planned some festive works drinks (8 people 25-40yrs) and a friend suggested Committee Room No9 and I'm so glad they did. We went along early doors to watch some football. Was pleasantly surprized to find 2 big screens and a tv. On entering the staff was really friendly and we got ourselves comfortable for the day ahead.
There is a good selection of drinks and any Ale, Bitter or Lager drinker won't be disappointed. I also had the all day brunch (fry up) and it was great. It was really clean (not greasy) and tasty, a great breakfast. Through-out the day we sampled other foods on the menu and everything was great, not a single complaint.
As the day progressed into night the bar atmosphere was constantly busy and friendly and then a DJ played from 9 at the perfect level. Not having to shout at each other with the music being too loud was a delight.
Will I be back, will I recommend to everyone I know...Hell Yeah!!!
Great work guys, keep it up.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Good afternoon Irish_Excile,

I'm so glad to hear that Committee Rooms is now your favourite Glasgow bar. It's great to hear you spent all day watching the football and trying our food and had such a great time.
We do our best to make sure our menu is really tasty and great value, as well as providing a wide selection of drinks and I'm glad you agree.
I do hope you pop in again soon over the Christmas period. Our DJ is on Fridays and Saturdays from 7pm! Phone ahead and we'll try and save you a seat.

Many thanks.