“Duncan” 5 of 5 stars

0141 332 1341
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tiki Bar and Kitsch Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 1,869 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Cocktail Bar in basement & Thai Restaurant on the Ground Floor - discover an oasis of escapism, relax and enjoy our tropical cocktails. Pop upstairs for Glasgow’s freshest and tastiest Thai food; 2 mins from the King's Theatre.
“Duncan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

An unexexpected trip would highly recomend the shrimp tempura is excellent Excellent food and service

• Thai first
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Tiki me back immediately!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

With a well deserved (and sunny! Easter weekend off we decided to go for some drinks in Glasgow and set off to find a beer garden we could have some food in.

We've been to Tiki Bar regularly for drinks but this was the first time we had had the opportunity to sample their food. I was surprised that the menu was Asian as it wasn't something I had expected given the style of the bar.

My surprise turned to sheer delight when our food was served. It was really, really fantastic. I'm a huge fan of all Asian food at the best of time but I had wrongly assumed we would get the standard fare of spring rolls and king prawn tempura served with sweet chilli sauce and some sticky rice. How wrong I was, it was very authentic.

We opted for the express lunch menu, which at £8 for starter and main course represented very good value indeed.

I started with king prawn tempura which were fantastic. The tempura was light yet very crispy and the sweet chilli sauce tasted home made which was another plus.

I followed that with my go to dish in any Thai style restaurant. Chicken with chilli and basil. I think if restaurants can do this dish justice then they'll get my return custom. Tiki did this and then some!

The chicken was moist, the basil was most definitely holy and the wonderful addition of chilli jam really elevated the dish to an extra level. It was just a really tasty dish.

So, a bit of a hidden gem for me here but one I'll definitely be revisiting. The price is very reasonable as well which is a bug bear of mine in other restaurants. By it's very nature, Thai food is quite humble and inexpensive therefore when you see restaurants charging £20 it feels a little bit wrong.

The cocktails are fantastic in Tiki Bar too, but you really can't have too many or you won't be able to recall the magnificent food!

Visited April 2014
“Cocktails are fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I love this place, the outside area is amazingly chill and the cocktails are delicious. The staff always offer to bring them over as well so you don't have to stand and wait. Great service and cool vibes, definitely recommended for anyone visiting the city!

Visited March 2014
“Quick and Different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I came here with my partner for the express lunch menu after seeing it on 5pm, we were not disappointed. The starter and main were sat in front of us ready to eat 15 minutes after we ordered and the portion size was perfect to fill us up till dinner. The whole décor and feel of the tiki bar is different and unique to Glasgow. I will most certainly be back, especially to try one of their cocktails.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wonderful staff! Great for a night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I had organised a night out for my work mates on 5pm.com. When we arrived we were told that 5pm had over-booked the restaurant and should have sent me an email cancelling my booking. As I hadn't seen this email I was quite surprised and embarrassed that my friends and I were going to have look elsewhere for dinner on a Friday night during pay weekend! However, the friendly staff at The Tikki bar went above and beyond to arrange a table for us, the food and drinks were prompt and delicious. We were also given a reserved table downstairs in the bar after the meal and on top of that, we were given a 10% discount off our food for the inconvenience, which was not the bar's fault.
My friends and I will all be returning.

• Visited April 2014