“Wee Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 1,839 Restaurants in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Like our food, Chillies West End is a slick, innovative take on an Indian restaurant. You won't find over-starched white table clothes here, nor naff Bengali tigers sketched on the walls in our stylish restaurant. What you will find, is flavour by the handi load...Since 2008 we've stamped our own seasoning on Glasgow's Indian cuisine ; our tapas style of serving allows us to cater equally well for both gorgers and grazers. We're confident, too, in our ability to indulge your tastes; whether it's authentic desi cooking you crave or innovative, fusion creations. No matter which way your tongue sways, the morsels on our menu are sure to satisfy.As our regulars know, the secret of our cooking lies with our talented curry and tandoori Chefs, who are armed with years of experience cooking for discerning customers in some of Pakistan and India's finest 5* dining establishments.So what are you waiting for? Sit-in, take-away or deliver, there's so many ways to enjoy Chillies!
Glasgow
“Wee Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I went here last week with a group of friends whom I meet on a regular basis to try different Indian/Oriental restaurants and this was a completely unknown venue to me. The food and the service ( there were 19 of us ) was excellent and everyone enjoyed their meals no matter what dishes they had ordered. The prices are very reasonable and you bring your own alcoholic drinks which also helps to keep the costs down

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Simply amazing indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Wow what a treat I enjoyed chillies so very much. I met up with my dad and my brother in town who had both eaten here before and insisted this is where we went, I was very happy indeed. Its an indian restaurant but has a spanish tapas theme which I found really new and exciting. I cant remember the names of everything we ordered but we had quite a few starter tapas followed by quite a lot of mains just all to share between the 3 of us. Not a single negative comment about anything from any of us, everything was really delicious all round were 'mmmmmm' noises from us and smiles on our faces. I couldn't stop eating even after I was full as it was just so yummy usually I would regret this but it was a delight right till the end. Staff and service was superb, very fast and friendly. byob policy with no corkage charge too is pretty good. Really looking forward to returning here again what a special treat indeed

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Tapas in Glasgow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

As a regular visitor to Chillies Westend, we have never been disappointed in the food. It is so fresh and the flavours are wonderful. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and we have introduced many friends to this restaurant, who have also been very impressed. Can't praise Chillies enough! Try it for yourself!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Aberdeen
“Service really let them down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have been to chillies west end many times and have always had a wonderful experience. Myself and my family have booked chillies for birthday parties on two occasions for 15+ people and were planning on booking in another party here in June however due to the service I have received in this restaurant and also in their takeaway in the south side I will be ensuring we go elsewhere.

I was very disappointed when I visited their takeaway (Chillies south side). I had persuaded friends that they should go there because it was one of the best indians I have ever had but unfortunately I was proven wrong. We placed our order in the takeaway which consisted of a pizza, two portions of chips, cheese and donner and a lamb bhuna with a naan bread. Understandably they were busy as it was a saturday night.

However, the lamb bhuna was prepared and ready before anything else and they had started to put it in the bag. It sat on the front counter for over 10 minutes before the rest of the food was ready. We were not given an update on our order until the staff saw us looking irate. By the time we got home to sit down and eat my friend's lamb bhuna was cold, as was his naan bread. He had intended to turn chillies into their regular takeaway but after this experience decided against taking a menu. I was left feeling embarrassed that I had sang your praises and then received such terrible service.

On the Sunday following it was a family member's birthday so we visited the chillies west end restaurant. The staff were ok, fairly inattentive but that didn't bother me too much. Three of us had student discount cards and the waiter went away and came back to inform us that you can't get a student discount when there is more than two people. He then went away again and came back with a different story saying student discount is only available from Monday to Thursday. This didn't really bother me, getting a student discount isn't a big deal and we were happy to pay full price but after my service on saturday and the fact that the waiter couldn't keep his story straight, I left feeling disappointed.

I would recommend you state the stipulations of your student discount on the sign you have saying stating student discount. I appreciate your takeaway was busy but leaving a curry out for over 10 minutes is beyond a joke.

We will definitely be taking our business elsewhere which is a shame.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chillies R, Owner at Chillies Westend, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Zenab,

Thank you for being a loyal customer at Chillies Restaurants. Our customers are our dearest assets, and their feedback is of utmost importance to us; It is what helps us identify and rectify our shortcomings.

Firstly, we regret your recent unpleasant experiences at Chillies Restaurants. Please rest assured that we are thoroughly investigating the reason for delay at the South Side branch, and appropriate actions will be taken to prevent the same happening in the future.

Regarding the West End Student discount, we have a policy of 10% Student Discount for takeaway as mentioned on our website. We do honor 10% Student discount for sit-in from Mon-Thu although it is not advertised. One of our new staff members was unable to amicably explain this to you and we sincerely apologize for that.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. We welcome you at Chillies Restaurants and we will do our level best to assure that your next visit is exceptionally pleasant.

Best Regards,

Humaira Qureshi.
Worcester, United Kingdom
“A neighbourhood treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I visited Chillies for a birthday treat and enjoyed a delicious Indian meal. The atmosphere was welcoming and service was prompt and courteous. Our visit was in the early part of the evening, so we expected the place to be fairly quiet, but there were quite a few other diners there which shows that it is a popular neighbourhood eatery. Would definitely make a return visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere