“Excellent hotel, friendly staff and really dog friendly, highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Glasgow Airport

You added Campanile Glasgow Airport to your Saves list
Campanile Glasgow Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Row Avenue, Glasgow G51 4SY (G51 4FB Alternative), Scotland   |
Ranked #30 of 91 Hotels in Glasgow
Blackpool
“Excellent hotel, friendly staff and really dog friendly, highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Only stayed one night in this hotel to break a journey to Isle of Harris. Specifically booked as dog friendly, usually look for a Travelodge but these days they charge £20 and this hotel charge a more reasonable £5. Staff couldn't have been more friendly from the time of arrival to when we left and really made us most welcome. The room we were allocated was excellent, a great surprise and far better than other similar hotels. Massive, comfortable bed, great walk in shower, nice to see an additions of a proper chair, they clearly appreciate their guests want to relax, often after a long journey. There is a newly opened Marston's (Steam Wheeler) pub next door to the hotel, which offers free wi-fi along with the hotel both worked fine. All in all a great stay and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello Dirk,

I'm absolutely delighted to read your review and so happy that the team extended their usual warm welcome. Knowing the team here as I do I've no doubt your pets were welcomed before you as they're a very pet friendly crowd, and it's always a delight to have families with children or pets staying with us.

I do hope we'll have the pleasure of you staying with us again, perhaps longer next time on a city/shopping break with your pets?

glasgowairport@campanile.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel mid week last week. We have stayed here before and chose to go back as it is a very nice hotel and the staff are very helpful, especially the young girl on reception, nothing was too much trouble. It is very handy if you plan to do some serious shopping. Ikea is directly across from this hotel and braehead shopping centre is a short drive down the road. The room was lovely and clean and the only thing I did not like was that there was only two towels in the room, I like one for my hair and another for the rest of me. Couldn't fault anything for our visit there. We didn't eat in the hotel as we were out most of the time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Karen,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay and your kind comments. I'll certainly be sure to make sure the reception team see your review.

As brand standard in the company we provide 2 large towels and one small bath mat. This is primarily part of our hotel group's green initiative, however we known that sometimes guests like yourself need an extra towel, so do feel free to let us know on your next visit and we'll be happy to oblige.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next shopping trip and please feel free to contact us direct for your booking needs.

Shropshire Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights whilst up for a family event -the staff were lovely very welcoming, great value for money good hearty breakfast. There is also a brand new pub opposite if you fancy a change of scenery. The area it is set in is not particularly well looked after but for a short stay is fine and it is right in the middle of a huge shopping complex Braehead which should keep the shop till u drop brigade happy- was akso surprisingly quiet, would definitely recommend and stay again

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Chilled Traveller,

I'm so delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the team extended their usual friendly welcome.

Offering great service with a good value price is obviously what we aim to do, and it's great to read that this is what you got.

Some of the surrounding land is also about to be developed (the pub you mention has only just opened in fact) and there are some more plans which will make the direct area around the hotel even more appealing, which of course is something I'm very much for as it gives more for our guests.

I do hope you'll be staying with us again soon and please feel free to contact us direct to take care of your booking.

Suffolk, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Should never be advertised as Glasgow Airport. Even the taxi driver who took me from Paisley station said so. Room was functional and clean but no glasses in bathroom. I went to reception and was told the company were deciding whether to have PLASTIC or glass. I said I didn't care, I'd like a glass. She gave me one from the bar. Apparently the shuttle bus runs only when a member of staff who drives is on duty! It cost me £9.00 for a taxi to the airport. Never again. Pay that bit extra and get a hotel next to the airport or one that has a regular shuttle bus. Sally

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hello Sally,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for your stay at the hotel, I'm glad to hear that the rooms were clean and functional for you.

I'm sorry to read that the location wasn't ideal for you. We do try to make it clear with our address and maps online that we are three and a half miles from the airport, which is less than ten minutes drive down the motorway. I do however take your comments on board and will conduct another review of information available for the hotel online to ensure this is the most accurate it can be.

At the moment there are no intentions for glasses to be placed in our bathrooms, however the team are always more than happy to provide these on request.

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be returning, however I would be more than happy to discuss this further with you if you wish?

manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com
darwen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have stayed in Campaniles before and to be frank I did not rate them! Yes they were well priced BUT a bit spartan for my tastes... we paid £38.25 for a room that would have cost us another £20/£30 in a comparable hotel (inc Travelodge and Premier Inn) so we gave it a go! Pleased we did and would heartily recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello Paul,

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for sharing your kind comments with the Tripadvisor community.

I'm glad to see that you were able to get one of our flash rates which give 15% off the regular rate when you book at least 5 days in advance, so keep that in mind the next time you come to stay with us.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon!

Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nice hotel with good facilities. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Good location with leisure parks, indoor skiing etc and some walks along what looked like to be the old docks. Restaurant in the hotel looked good and breakfast was very nice. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Russell,

Many thanks for your kind comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning in the future!

You're absolutely right, there are some great leisure attractions close to the hotel with two indoor ski complexes, country parks and a number of excellent golf clubs close by. I hope you got the chance to experience some of these. And what you saw were the King George V Docks in Glasgow.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon, and please feel free to contact us direct so we can ensure you get the best available rate.

yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The room was spacious (we asked for family room with king size bed) and clean to a good standard. Most important the staff at the reception was very helpful. We needed the air-condition because we stayed at the hotel in one of the ''hot, summer'' days and it was not working properly, but the staff gave us a room with a functioning one starightaway.Also, there was flexibility as we left one day earlier without being charged and we were allowed for one hour late check-out.We had our own car so the free parking and the avoidance of the city centre traffic were to our advantage. The breakfast was good and the pub opposite the hotel does the best carvery!

Room Tip: The rooms in ground floor are quiet.