“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nice hotel with good facilities. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Good location with leisure parks, indoor skiing etc and some walks along what looked like to be the old docks. Restaurant in the hotel looked good and breakfast was very nice. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello Russell,

Many thanks for your kind comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning in the future!

You're absolutely right, there are some great leisure attractions close to the hotel with two indoor ski complexes, country parks and a number of excellent golf clubs close by. I hope you got the chance to experience some of these. And what you saw were the King George V Docks in Glasgow.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon, and please feel free to contact us direct so we can ensure you get the best available rate.

glasgowairport@campanile.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The room was spacious (we asked for family room with king size bed) and clean to a good standard. Most important the staff at the reception was very helpful. We needed the air-condition because we stayed at the hotel in one of the ''hot, summer'' days and it was not working properly, but the staff gave us a room with a functioning one starightaway.Also, there was flexibility as we left one day earlier without being charged and we were allowed for one hour late check-out.We had our own car so the free parking and the avoidance of the city centre traffic were to our advantage. The breakfast was good and the pub opposite the hotel does the best carvery!

Room Tip: The rooms in ground floor are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Hello Despina,

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, finding it to be a good standard hotel with a helpful team.

I'm really glad that your trip to Glasgow coincided with one of the 'hot, summer' days. It's hard to arrange a stay during this as they are so unpredictable around here and we usually only get around 5 summer days per year....luckily the friendly Glaswegian team make up for the usual weather. I'm also glad to say that the air conditioning problems have been rectified with the system repaired this past week.

I do hope that my team and I have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again soon? No promises about the sun, but we'll be glad to welcome you with a smile!

Please do feel free to contact myself or the front desk team for the best available rate.

Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My partner and I booked up at the Campanile for a 2-night stay as we were attending a gig in town and as most hotels in the city centre were rather expensive or unavailable at this time we choose to stay at the Campanile as the price for 2-nights seemed really good.

When we first arrived and given our room key we headed up to the second floor and along to our room. On opening the room door and entering, there was a women’s dress lying over the chair, a purse and car keys along with all other personal items lying around the room…the room was already occupied. Luckily there was no one in, as walking in on someone could have been a very embarrassing encounter on both our parts.

When we went back down stairs to report the situation at reception the attitude from… I’m guessing the manager was very rude. He couldn’t have gave a care in the world.

We entered our second room cautiously just incase we end up disturbing someone. Luckily this room was empty. The room was nice and clean, the beds were comfy, I don’t have anything bad to say about the actual rooms or the hotel itself as it was very nice. I would have gave it a 3* if we hadn’t had the problems we had.

The second day we got up and dressed to go out for a while, we placed the Do Not Disturb sign on the room door as we had valuables lying around etc and didn’t want anyone entering while we were out. We were out the room literally 2mins when we had to go back for the car keys….and who was in the room but the cleaners. My partner asked them what they were doing in the room as we had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door and they said their Manager had told them to go in. If there is a sign on the door saying Do Not Disturb…doesn’t than mean anything!?

Overall the hotel itself was nice but it was a bit out the way, it cost £12.00 to get into the city centre and £18.00 to get back to hotel. We got ripped off but we would have paid double as we had been waiting on a taxi in the early hours for so long. The reception staff were nice as were the bar staff. The man who I’m guessing was the manager was rude, ignorant and overall had a bad attitude.

We may in future go to other Campanile Hotels but we won’t be back here again.

Room Tip: Chap the door before you enter your room, you never know who will be on the other side :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Scottish Gal,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us. I'm glad that you found the hotel to be good value in addition to being clean and comfortable.

I'm quite disappointed to read your other comments however. Since first reading your review, I have had the opportunity to investigate some of this and so far have been unable to obtain a clear picture of what has happened overall. There was a clerical error on the part of the hotel which allowed you to be checked into a room which had previously been checked in. For me, and my team, this is a serious lapse in our usual procedures which we have taken measures to prevent in the future. I would like to discuss this with you further however as I've only been able to find out that you called reception to report this and it was my female Front Office Manager who dealt with the situation and moved your room.

I'm also very surprised to read that a housekeeper entered your room whilst a do not disturb sign was present. This is a very unusual occurrence in any hotel and I would like to be able to investigate this matter further to see what has happened. The long-standing housekeeping team at the hotel have very clear guidelines for room entry which they follow loyally.

I would of course be extremely grateful if you could contact me with further details, and perhaps I would be able to do something for you and your partner for the inconvenience you have clearly experience?

Chesterfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was very reasonable and it was billed as a hotel airport with a free shuttle to the airport. Upon check in we found out that we were over 4 miles away from the airport and that they did not have a shuttle driver so the free shuttle would not take us to the airport in the morning and we could take a cab for 7 pounds. We took a cab and it was 12 pounds, so much for a free trip to the airport. The room was clean and quiet. The soap dispenser in the shower was empty and they did not even give you a plastic glass to drink out of. Breakfast in the morning was fine. If you are looking for an airport hotel so you can take an early flight out just know that this one is not close to the airport at all and they don't have a free shuttle that they advertise. The staff were all very polite and as helpful as they could be in the situation.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor all the way at the end of the hall, very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Marlene,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback regarding your stay with the hotel. It's most appreciated.

I'm so sorry to read that your stay with us seems to have been spoiled a little with the lack of the airport shuttle. We do try to emphasise that this is not a regularly run service and is only subject to availability. I do understand that you felt this should have been available however, and I'm sorry that we could not provide this for you.

If you would like to discuss this further, I would be delighted to speak with you and see if there's anything I can do to repair your faith. I have left my details below for this reason.

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Nice hotel stayed overnight here and the room was great, food was good, Breakfast were fine, overall nothing to moan about, only that the Free WIFi is not very good and is really slow.
Would stay there again on my next visit...

Hello Steve,

Thank you kindly for your review of the hotel. I'm very pleased to read that we provided a good hotel for you on your short stop with us.

We did have an issue with our air conditioning system, which impacted our Wi-Fi as our computer room became over-heated. This is something which we have now resolved and rest assured that our Free Wi-Fi is back to is usual speed.

I do hope we'll be welcoming you back again soon to experience this?

Greenford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The only problem I've found with this hotel is the air conditioning - it doesn't really work and when it does its loud!!

The rooms are large, clean and the beds very comfy !!

The bathrooms are ok however the showers are great!

The food isn't going to get a Michelin star but its always been edible and hot!!

The staff are always willing to help and smile!!

Stayed a few times with work and only the remoteness is an issue - if you want to get to the west end it's only £7 in a taxi and the city centre is not much further!

Great value for money doesn't always mean poor quality!

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Buster,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stays with us at Campanile. I'm pleased to read that we've been able to provide good service and a clean hotel for your trips to the area.

I am very much aware of some of the on-going issues we've had this year with the air conditioning. It is extremely important for us to work so closely with our contractor to resolve the problems that our system is having. We do hope now to have them repaired (in fact I have an engineer in the hotel as I type doing the final testing).

Hopefully we'll be welcoming you back again soon? And do feel free to contact me if you need a booking made with us as I would be delighted to help.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Decent budget hotel in a quiet area near Braehead, very clean and well appointed no frills but who cares. Very welcoming staff at the desk who couldn't be more helpful. The food is pretty good too. A treat after some other soul less travel hotels. Impressive. Just whats needed before or after travelling. A bit of banter with the restuarant.staff is nice if your travelling alone too. Big thumbs up.

Hello Morso,

I couldn't have been happier to receive your review which popped up in my email whilst I was on holiday. I'm so proud of my team for giving you a friendly welcome and extending to you some of the reputable Glasgow banter while you dined with us. I will ensure the team see your comments and pass my personal thanks to them for taking care of you.

Thanks again, and perhaps I'll have the chance to welcome you back again personally. My details are below and do feel free to drop me a line when you're back.

manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!