“Clean & Looked like New” 4 of 5 stars

Campanile Glasgow Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Row Avenue, Glasgow G51 4SY, Scotland   |
Ranked #26 of 90 hotels in Glasgow
Peterborough Ontario Canada
“Clean & Looked like New”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I booked this Hotel to rest up for the start of our visit to Scotland. We arrived from Canada at 7:05 a.m. Took a cab to the Campanile and were there by 8:15 the cab rid was only 10 pounds( nice cab friendly driver) . When we arrived we were both very tired from the overnight flight with no sleep.The check in was smooth and friendly they had a complementary breakfast that was very good and lots to choose from.awhen we got to our room it was spotless and looked new. We were put on the main floor facing the lobby entrance & parking lot.Isaid to my wife so much for sleep. We had a quick shower ( Bathroom &Shower Spotless ) closed the black out curtains jumped into bed very comfortable by the way. Fell fast to sleep and didn't hear a thing until the phone rang at 2:20 to let us know my wife's cousin was there to pick us up. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Pierremarion,

Many thanks for taking the time to write feedback on your stay with us. I'm pleased to here that our windows surprised you and allowed you a restful sleep.

Our housekeepers hold a very high standard at the hotel, and I'm glad you were able to see that for yourself. I have printed your TripAdvisor review and placed it in the housekeeping office for them to see your high praise of their efforts.

I hope to see you back at Campanile Glasgow Airport on your next trip to Scotland.

Best regards,

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Ayr, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Last minute decision to book a hotel near braehead. Hotel location is a stones throw from braehead which was excellent. On arrival on the Friday night we were happy with the large spacious room which was clean. Went out for the night and on leaving asked at the reception if it was possible to have more pillows put in the room as due to my condition I need to sleep with more than one pillow. We were told there were extra pillows in the room in the wardrobe, on returning later that night about 11pm. Returned to the room checked and no pillows. Partner went back down to reception and asked for some and got told some would be brought up when another member of staff started as they could not leave the desk. After one and a half hours later still none and on further investigation found that we had no phone in the room to call down to the reception. Thankfully we both have mobiles and as neither of us could be bothered trailing back down to the reception I called the hotel. Within five minutes the pillows arrived. This may seem trivial but in my view there was a major lack of staff! One member of staff for a hotel of its size who cannot leave the desk in my option is unacceptable. I also noted that when we arrived we were asked to sign a check-in slip which I'm sure said the cost was a lot cheaper than what we had paid. Very trivial things but its the small things that make a difference.

• Stayed October 2012
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Susan,

Many thanks for taking the time to write feedback from your stay with us.

I feel very disappointed in the service you received at the hotel. I think you will see from previous reviews on TripAdvisor, this is not the norm. I am aware of the evening on which you stayed. Let me assure you that the staff member in question was not actually alone in the hotel, however her colleague had been called away within the hotel to deal with a medical emergency, in fact you may have even saw the ambulance at the hotel. This has however impeded your ability to enjoy your stay with us and for that I must extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of myself and my team.

To answer your query about your room rate, I am sorry this was printed on your registration card and caused you confusion. As you had booked through an online agent, you have paid the same rate which was available to everyone else that evening. However as the agent you booked through takes a commission, what they pay to us is the remaining rate after their commission. I hope this clears up your confusion on this.

Susan, I understand that your stay wish us could have been far more enjoyable if it were not for the trivial matters which occurred and as a gesture of good will I would be delighted to offer you a heavily discounted rate should you be staying with us again in the near future.

Please contact me on the details below should you wish to take me up on this.

manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com
Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel because it said it was close to brae head and airport. It would be fine if you have a car but in our case we found it very remote and took ages to get anywhere by foot or public transport. Hotel was difficult to find at first as it is no way near the airport. Rooms were fine for what we paid and the bed was very comfortable. However the duvet was thin and got very cold at night and the hotel is right next to a motor way so was noisy.

• Stayed November 2012
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Kayleigh,

Thank you for taking the time to write feedback on the hotel.

I must admit I was disheartened to hear that your stop-over with us was not all that it could have been. We do state that we are 3.5 miles from the airport, however we are within close walking distance to Braehead. Our front desk team are also happy to help with explaining the public transport in the area which can get you around.

I was surprised to read your comments that you found the hotel noisy. As you mentioned, we are in a remote area and we generally get feedback of how quiet the hotel is with the windows closed.

These matters aside, your stay has not satisfied you. I would therefore be delighted if you returned to the hotel at some point in the future and contacted me directly for your booking so that I may offer you a discounted rate. My contact details are below.

I do hope to see you back at Campanile Glasgow Airport.

E: manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com
Snow Lake, MB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as a cheaper option than staying right at the airport. The hotel itself is very well kept and clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The food was average, but was convenient. This hotel is best for business trips or travellers with cars and definitely not backpackers needing to walk from a train station because there isn't one close by. Overall, it was my own lack of knowledge of the city that made the stay a mediocre one, but I would recommend this place to people who are aware of its location and don't find it to be an issue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Steve,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Campanile Glasgow Airport. I'm glad we were able to provide a friendly service for you.

Next time you are visiting and choose to stay with us, please speak to our front desk team who would be happy to impart some of their local knowledge to allow you to see a bit more of our city.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Staff service just ordinary. Restaurent food from frozen. Out in an industrial devellopment. Best to stay in city and get buses and train to airport. Everything costs alot in this hotel. Seemed like staying in a hospital. Bland and charecterless

• Stayed October 2012
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I'm sincerely sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay with us a Campanile Glasgow Airport. We certainly aim to offer the highest standards at competative rates, as you will see from previous reviews. I would like to hear more about your experience if you would contact me on 0141 886 1347 it would be my pleasure to discuss further.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Rooms were nice and bed was comfortable. Staff were pleasant. Wifi access good accross all areas. Plenty of parking - would say again. Only issue is there are two campaniles in Glasgow, went to the wrong one at first!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write a review. You are not the first arrive at our sister hotel at the SECC. Good to hear you took advantage of our hotel benefits such as the Wifi and hope we can welcome you back soon.

Trenton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Excellent stay. Would particulary like to thank Tom who took time to write directions into the city, walked us to the door to ensure we understood how to get there and also arranged for their courtesy vehicle to take us to the train station for the next morning. The breakfast choices were numerous and great tasting. Overall, excellent accommodations.
Don & Nancy, ON, Canada

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Superb that you enjoyed your stay here at Campanile Glasgow Airport and had the opportunity to visit the City and what it has to offer. I will pass on your kind remarks to Thom.

L.Whittle

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!