“80th Birthday Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 90 hotels in Glasgow
Uddingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
“80th Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had an excellent dinner last Saturday night for my Grans 80th Birthday. Staff were friendly and very helpful, and food was very tasty. There was 18 of us at the meal and everyone of us enjoyed it with no complaints. Even my Gran enjoyed her meal and she is very fussy :)
Will definitely be back again at some point.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
YVONN E, General Manager at Redstones Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Stephanie

The staff are delighted that they helped make your Gran's 80th Birthday evening so special for her and that all the family had a wonderful time. We would like to thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Redstones sometime soon.

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights whilst in Glasgow for a funeral. Loved the look of the buildings exterior with plenty of room for parking.
Found the interior to be clean & whilst our room wasn't big it was adequate for our requirements.The bed was comfortable too. The ensuite shower room was very clean with plenty of towels (additional clean ones were available if required).The staff were all very friendly & polite.We ate both nights in the bar & the selection & quality of the food was very good. The breakfast was good with a wide choice. Overall we were pleased with the hotel having had to pick it at short notice & not knowing the area. We would
definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
YVONN E, General Manager at Redstones Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jacqui

Thank you very much indeed for your review and for taking the time to post it.

Your kind words are absolutely appreciated by all the staff within the hotel and if you ever do return to visit the area, please also come back to enjoy some more Harty Hospitality at Redstones.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

we went here as a family for a meal did not know it was taken over they definetly had an off night when we visited the food was not great at all but then i am not the biggest fan of this chain thats taken over as we went to capos recently and all the dinners again where very poor steak pie tough and cold fish very greasy all in all poor food

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your honest and straightforward review in which you state that you are ‘Not the Biggest Fan’ of our company.

Whilst I fully accept that you may not be our ‘Biggest’ fan, I hope you agree that your statement provides room for improvement by allowing us an opportunity to move upwards on your overall ‘Like’ scale of hotels, restaurants and bars.

Returning to your review, despite the negative (but I believe honest) opinion you offered, you also very kindly provided us with a respectable mid-rating for value and service, so this has indicated that any failure you encountered can be redeemed.

I wish to make it my personal task to convince you and your family that as a company we do deeply care about your opinion and that we want your personal experience at any Harty’s venue to be one of superb and warm hospitality accompanied by wonderful food, service and ambience.

To provide me with an opportunity to achieve this, would you be so kind to email me your contact details so I can personally discuss matters with you.

I can be reached via frontdesk@redstoneshotel.com

Best Wishes.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My experience at the Redstones was shocking as i was asking a simple question to one of the staff members at the front desk and her tone was very rude and as if she was not even bothered about my question. My overall experience was disgracefull and i will not be going back any time soon and i would not recommend it to anyone

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Curiously, your review is written in a very similar manner to an earlier negative posting which is also peppered with errors. Perhaps you are acquainted with reviewer ‘June 37’, as your identical use of the erroneous spelling of ‘Disgracefull’ appears in both reviews. Alternatively, it could just be a bizarre co-incidence that you use a parallel writing style with comparable errors.

Unless you are using a pseudonym, I have checked our Reservations system for any guest with the name/initials ‘Lucy B’, but as expected, I did not find a match. I highlight this important area because in addition to your personal attack on a staff member, you have provided ratings on our Rooms and Sleep Quality. However, I do not believe you were ever resident in the hotel to qualify for the submission of such ratings. This obviously means these ratings are undoubtedly false, fabricated and also deceitful.

I do of course stand to be corrected and if you would care to provide a date and time of your visit, our CCTV system covering our entire Reception and Front Desk area can be checked to prove/disprove your claim, as can our Reservations system. Until then, I class your review as a deliberate action of menacing behaviour and subsequently, it is very, very suspicious.

It is a sad fact of modern life that many hotels, restaurants, bars, bistros, cafés etc are now subject to vicious reviews from (example) disgruntled ex-members of staff or those with a very large ‘handcut or frozen’ on their shoulder. Unfortunately, there is little any of us can do apart from hoping that the genuine reviewers and visitors to Tripadvisor disregard these nasty attempts to destroy reputations, damage businesses and directly harm loyal and caring employees.

For the spiteful and vindictive out there, perhaps your time would be best spent doing something constructive like learning crochet with wire wool or single colour polka dot painting by numbers. Reviews like yours written with nothing other than wounding intention are now commonplace, easily spotted and thankfully, disregarded by most honest and truthful reviewers.

Conversely, if any received negative review is perceived as genuine, I am sure I speak for the entire Hospitality industry when I say we sincerely apologise for any unhappiness caused and we do of course strive to learn from our errors and implement immediate changes to avoid any repeat occurrence(s).
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently booked the private function room for our son's birthday. The meal and venue were first class, and all staff really helpful. We would have no hesitation in recommending Redstones to anyone organising a special family gathering. You will receive a high level of service, and enjoy a great night.

• Stayed June 2014
YVONN E, General Manager at Redstones Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Cairns_4444

Thank you very much indeed for the great review and I'm delighted a fantastic night was had by all, especially the Birthday Boys and the lovely Grandparents.

Looking forward to being of Service to you and your family in future.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to attend a family funeral. Although this hotel is on a main road into nearby Uddingston you wouldn't think so. There is no noise either when you are in your room or having breakfast in the dining room or conservatory . Due to the nature of our visit we spent most of the time with family and so used it purely as a base. Consequently we did not take our main meals there so cannot comment on their quality. However the breakfasts are excellent and you certainly will not need a lunch if you go for the full Scottish breakfast!
The staff, who were always available were both polite and helpful and I would thoroughly recommend to anyone. My wife and I would certainly not hesitate to use this hotel again when visiting the area. Thank you.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Viperman8

Thank you very much for your review.

Your recommendation and kind words were much appreciated by all the team.

We do hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

just back from a meal in this place was disgracefull I had a prawn cocktail probably about 8 prawns in it then chicken supreme which had was nothing like I imagined it was chicken and Chips with a gravy .... Not very nice there's nothing worse coming out a resteraunt hungry I have too say the manager was very helpfull about our complaint .... Also when were seated the girl didn't offer us a drink we waited 10 mins till she came back ..we won't be back if I had known it was a Harty,s I wouldn't have gone in first place as I,v been too them before and it,s just frozen food not good fresh food !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
YVONN E, General Manager at Redstones Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
The Harty Group took over Redstones Hotel approximately 13 weeks ago.

We are extremely proud of our company and collectively, all staff and management work very hard to preserve and maintain our excellent reputation at all our venues.

Considering your derogatory remark "If I had known it was a Harty's, I wouldn't have gone in the first place", I find this somewhat bizarre, as the Harty brand is emblazoned over our menus and wine lists (which are present on every table), additionally, the Harty name is also proudly displayed on our staff name badges. Therefore, it must have been patently and perfectly clear to you that you were in a Harty's establishment.

Yet despite your very strange comment, you made the informed decision to remain in a Harty's venue, take time to select items from a Harty's menu, place your order with a Harty's server, and ultimately, you consumed freshly prepared food which was cooked by Harty's chefs. I do hope I have understood you and relayed that correctly.

Moving on, I am very concerned to note that you have made untrue and unsubstantiated allegations about frozen food. In line with many other restaurants, the frozen items we offer are mainly ice creams and chips. Additionally, I would like to draw to your attention that we do not serve 'Gravy' with our Chicken Supreme. The choice with this very popular dish and which is clearly noted on our menu, is a Whisky or Peppercorn Sauce. The Supreme is served with a choice of creamy mash, baby boilers, rice or chips. You opted for the latter, which I have already explained, is indeed a frozen product, whereas handcut chips (also noted on the menu) are not frozen.

Once again, you made another informed decision over ordering chips (which were not handcut) and have now decided to complain about your personal selection. Suffice to say, I am very confused over your review, and subsequently, I'm afraid that I do not accept that the Harty's hardworking Chefs or Servers have failed in any area.

If you would care to make an appointment to re-visit the hotel, I would be happy to present you with various sample invoices from our suppliers. These will, without any doubt whatsoever, highlight that we only purchase fresh fish, meat, poultry, dairy, fruit and veg and bakery items from extremely reputable and local fresh food suppliers. Perhaps at that juncture you may realise that you have indeed made a grave error by publishing untruths in a public forum.

Aside my personal opinion that some criticism may be construed as harsh or perhaps unfair and/or unjust at times, if true, I will obviously accept it and strive to learn from it, as will the entire Harty's team. Nevertheless, what you have published is entirely different because your criticism is wholly untrue, which only serves to damage good reputations and ultimately saddens hard working staff in both Front and Back of House.

To address another point you raised, it is indeed an impossible task for anyone to count prawns in a prawn cocktail be the number 8 or 80, that is, once a diner has completely consumed the food and then enters a complaint about the content.

At best, I find your review extremely unwarranted and at worst, I find it bordering on malicious.

Due to this, I regret to say that, I cannot accept it as being honest, truthful or even reasonable and I do hope that any Tripadvisor members reading the complaint and subsequent response share my opinion.

Been to Redstones Hotel? Share your experiences!