“You get what you pay for, I paid £12 for a night and £12 is all it was worth” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lomond Hotel

You added Lomond Hotel to your Saves list
Lomond Hotel
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   6 Buckingham Terrace | Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 8EB, Scotland (West End)   |
Ranked #36 of 38 Glasgow B&B and Inns
“You get what you pay for, I paid £12 for a night and £12 is all it was worth”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here whilst working away, the place absolutely stinks of stale curry. The heating in my room didn't work and the room was very dark and dingy. I had previously read reviews for this hotel but unfortunately only after booking to stay, due to the no cancellation policy I had no choice but to go ahead with my booking. I took my own sleeping bag and just as well really as the bed sheets were ripped and had holes in them. If you are looking for and nice place to stay for the weekend then this isn't it but it was perfect for what I was after, a cheap bed for the night. The room had a sink, tv with freeview and tea and coffee. All the electrics in my room were very temperamental and the pat testing on the television ran out over a year ago, the place has never seen a Hoover. In huge need of a revamp.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Arrived to find a broken door window and a long wait on an answer after ringing the bell,i offered to pay by card but was told only cash ,she was the rudest woman ive ever encountered,didnt even say hi ,the place smelled bad ,we payed then left to enjoy the city ,on returning we discovered that we had lost our room key ,she opened the door and demanded 30 pounds to get back in ,of course we didnt pay and we were asked to leave ,ruined my experience of glasgow,this place should be closed down

Room Tip: Never go here ever
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lanarkshire, Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This must be the most disgusting hotel ever, and I never even stepped over the threshold. We had booked an overnight and did think it was cheap, but did expect it to be as bad as it was we arrived to find the door locked and also with broken window which was boarded up after ringing the doorbell the door was opened by a woman who did not speak but just looked at us the smell coming out was terrible and looking down at the carpet I don't think it was hovered since the day it had been fitted I was so discussed I put my hand up and said no thank you and at that we walked away. What I would like to know how they get a licence to run a hotel

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Myself and a few friends were in Glasgow for a girls night out so booked a cheap place to sleep, definitely got what we paid for! We walked in to a very brief and quite rude welcoming and a very unpleasant smell, if that wasn't bad enough we got left to find our own room which was a complete joke. Within 10 minutes of being there we had spotted a million things to complain about. Mouldy shower curtain..dirty pipes round toilet sink etc, stains on carpet and curtains. By the end of the night both single beds had broke just by sitting and lying on them! The list goes on! I would not recommend this place they call a hotel to anyone! Only good thing about it is that it's only a 5 minute taxi ride to the centre.

• Stayed November 2012
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've never stayed somewhere quite this bad in Europe. I arrived at the hotel at 9pm and rang the doorbell and stood waiting for 5 minutes. The first thing I noticed: the hotel has no reception to speak of. There's seemingly a staff room (locked); you have all your conversations with the staff in the public hallway space. I arrived, she quoted the price (£24 a night for a single in the West End really is very good) and I offered my card. Then ensued a scene from a badly written sitcom.

No card machine, she says (so they're not exactly helping Scotland's economy here, are they?). There's a cash machine in Spar. I asked to see my room, which was followed with a 3 minute argument about why I couldn't. She eventually gave in (swearing at me in the process), and the room was revealed. Basic, yes, and quite cramped. The place hasn't seen a refit in I'd say a decade, but there is a decent sized wash basin and mirror, Freeview TV, Kettle and stuff, and a reasonably comfy bed. The windows could've been more secure, but there's no feasible way someone could break in through them. On the plus side (Glasgow gets very cold in the Autumn and Winter) the central heating is very effective.

Now, I was in Glasgow to visit my friends and catch up with my supervisor at university. As a result, I spent very little time in the Lomond, and when I was there it was perfectly comfortable. Yes, the shower room is hilarious: the two showers on the first floor are currently out of order and taped shut with parcel tape, and the ones upstairs haven't been taken very good care of. At 10am on my first morning, the cleaner did knock on my door to ask if I wanted the place serviced, and I did see evidence when I left of the cleaner doing her job (though no hoover, although my room was far cleaner than some other reviewers').

I left with the impression that this is a hotel people book for either emergency accommodation or 'romantic' weekends. If you're looking for budget accommodation in what is arguably one of the UK's most vibrant cities, in this city's most vibrant area, it's a solid choice. As long as you just want a cheap bed to crash in. If a great hotel experience is an important part of your stay, stay away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Waited 10 minutes for someone to answer the front door, hostile , aggressive and unhelpful staff member gave us keys and told us when we leave leave keys on the side and make sure you shut the door, walked up the stairs to be greeted with a tiny, disgustingly filthy room, cartpet was unhoovered walls and ceilings had grime marks and dust everywhere as well as holes and dents , mirror was smeared with god knows what, curtains were falling down and brown (meant to be peach) with dirt, window was slimey, room smelled. We then went to check the bathroom and it too was filthy floor was sticky and it smelled very stale, shower was broken and taped up with a written sign,toilet was stained as well as sink stained, we then went up to the next floor shower, tiny dirty shower tray, damp smelly shower mat and grimey shower curtain if it wasnt necessary I wouldnot have showered. Breakfast was 8.30 - 9.30 we went down at 9.05 and waited at a table for 10 min to be seen by a woman who couldnt speak english and made mo attempt to understand or accommodate us, we were then told we had to move table as that one was not set properly coffee and oj was fine toast was ok a little rubberry cornflakes soggy milk warm and after choosing a meal from the cooked section it was very undercooked greast and lukewarm, we asked for milk for coffee and were told we had to leave as as breakfast finished at half 9, I retorted we had payed for breakfast and were down well before time soi we would like milk and oj we were brought diluting orange and a dribble of milk. Unfriendly, filthy and definityely the worst hotel I have ever been in. Will never go back.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Greenock, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

stayed for 1 night in room number 16, walls were all stained holes in the doors and bathroom door wasnt even on the hindges, never mind the smell, yuck, couldnt even bring myself to go to breakfast as soon as i was up i was out that door.
I paid £44 for a double room for 1 night so i thought that was realy good, until i seen the room,OMG disgusting is all i can say, DO NOT STAY HERE

Room Tip: dont stay in room 16
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lomond Hotel? Share your experiences!