“Class” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Verrrrrry tasty menu, we had the lunch one. We only ordered one desert as my wife wasn't really that keen but the waitress brought my cherry tart with two spoons and two plates which I thought was really nice, wife really appreciated it. We also sat outside for the view around Merchant City, had a great little meal. Would definitely go again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Belfast
“Terrible dinner and expensive with wine. A waste of money !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The wine was the only ok part of the meal. My wife and I both had steak and neither of us enjoyed it. Mine was so tough I had to send it back. The very pleasant waitress / manager got me another one. This meant I had to watch while my wife chewed her way through hers, which looked little better than mine. My wife thought it was tasteless. Eventually my replacement steak arrived but it was also tough as old boots. By this time we both just wanted to go. Rather than raise the matter again with the waitress I hid it in a napkin and dumped it in a litter bin outside.
An awful meal but the waiting staff were first class. A complete waste of money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Great Food and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We very much enjoyed Cafe Rouge, at the center of Glasgow city. A friend, arriving from Belfast, had limited time for a short visit and luncheon. She arrived at Buchannan Bus Station, on an express bus from Glasgow Airport. A short walk from the bus station, we turned left at the juncture of Sauchiehall and Buchanan Streets. Walking down the Buchanan Street, (an outdoor shopping mall), we turned left on the Royal Ex Ct. The restaurant is near the Gallery of Modern Art. Patrons can sit either outside, (weather permiting), or indoors. The lunch menu was excellent. I enjoyed the "Croque Saumon" sandwich. Others in my party ordered Baguett Poulet and Baguette Steak. All sandwiches were delicious. The wait staff provided excellent service and comfortable invironment, (we dinned inside). There was no rush to leave the restaurant ... we had a wonderful afternoon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Typically French but with the friendliness of the Scots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Loved the atmosphere in this restaurant. The menu offered loads of choice with additional dish of the day options. We were a table of 10 and expected delays in serving, but it wasn't too bad. Food was delicious. We mostly chose different dishes and each was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. We would certainly go back.

Visited August 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Café Rouge rarely disappoints and Glasgow is no exception. Nearly two years ago they looked after me when I arrived like a drowned rat, this time it was raining again, but that is Glasgow for you.

Steaks were cooked to perfection, tender and full of flavour. Desserts and cheeseboard also good. Service excellent.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere