“If you can get it for £29, even better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre - Argyle St

You added Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre - Argyle St to your Saves list
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre - Argyle St
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   377 Argyle Street | Strathclyde, Glasgow G2 8LL, Scotland (Anderston)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #42 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
New York City, New York
“If you can get it for £29, even better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We were lucky and able to book our one night in Glasgow for £29! What a steal. The hotel was close to the train station and car rental (what we wanted), and easy walking distance to tons of restaurants and shops. My boyfriend and I love walking and exploring, so I'm not sure how other people would consider the distances, but I found the city very walkable, and the location of this Premier Inn wasn't bad.

The front desk staff was super nice and there's luggage storage. Our room was fantastic. Massive bed, nice TV, beautiful clean large bathroom, quiet. No free internet though. Slept awesome. We payed for the £7.99 all-you-can-eat breakfast which was wonderful. That's a pretty high price for breakfast in the UK (we found most places had it for only £4 or £5, or even less) but since we got such a steal on the room we figured it was worth it. And it was - so many yummy things to eat. Filled up so we wouldn't have to stop for lunch on our roadtrip we were just beginning. Overall I thought Premier Inn was great and I would definitely stay there again if I can score the £29 a night deal again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

My husband and I spent 2 nights in this hotel in May. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was clean with plenty of hot water. The swipe card prevented strangers from wandering through the hotel. It is an ideal location, just a short walk to the main city area. It is an easy walk from the Queen Street train station (or a short taxi ride if you have 23+kg bags), and a 2 minute walk from the Central station which was ideal for us as we were travelling by train to Troon early in the morning. If we were to visit Glasgow again, we would definitely stay at this hotel.
Dianne & Tom - Hamilton, New Zealand

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
u.k
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

had a great stay at this hotel the staff were very helpful and friendly

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

We booked out room during a sale by Premier Inn that made our stay unbelievably cheap. The location of the hotel is decent, though in some nearby areas we didn't feel as safe as we expected (don't think it's about that particular area, but a more general thing in downtown Glasgow). The room was big and clean. My only complain is about the bath in the bathroom. It is awkwardly high up from the floor and we had to be very careful to avoid an injury.
Staff was nice and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Lairg, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyable stay for two nights, in two rooms. Clean, bright and comfortable. High quality experience. Excellent location for facilities and shopping. Friendly helpful staff.Had a lovely meal in the restaurant with friends. Pleasant surroundings and atmosphere. Would be happy to return anytime.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

Having stayed at Premier Inns all over the UK, I normally find them to be clean, spacious and convenient, especially for the price they ask.

Now, I know you are not paying for luxury accomodation here, and I understand if neighbours wish to be particuarly noisy with talking/loud tv, then there is very little the hotel can do about it. However, I do NOT expect to be lying in bed, listening to the neighbours using the toilet. Similarly, I do NOT expect to be woken from sleep by the 'intimate relations' of said neighbours...

I was disgusted, and checked out in the morning feeling exhausted due to lack of sleep. When attempting to talk to the receptionist, she made it extremely clear that she was busy and had no time for complaints.

I will most definately not be back, and it has made me very wary about staying at other Premier Inn branches.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre - Argyle St, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guest have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by both our Guest Relations Team and the Management team at this hotel. Once again thank you for your review we do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Belfast, Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Good value budget hotel handy to Central station and shopping on Argyle St and Buchannan St. I would agree with previous reviews that heaters/air con machines are very noisy. The hotel doesn't have double glazing so you can hear the noise from outside.but this isn't too bad as no nightclubs nearby, is really just traffic. Rooms usual Premier Inn standard but I have to say I really didn't like having a connecting door to another persons room even though this was kept locked - u heard everything going on and I didn't feel as secure as I usually would. Breakfasts were great value and all staff from reception to restaurant were very friendly and polite. I would stay again but I would ask for a room without a connecting door

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre - Argyle St? Share your experiences!