Should really rate Hiltons in their own category as the standard is always good to very good. This was a nice hotel, very friendly staff. Room was clean and of a good standard. Very comfortable bed and a quiet night sleep was had. Only a few items to mention that could be improved.
The in room wifi was abysmal. We couldn't stay connected for more then 10 minutes before you were dropped. Complaining didn't solve much as we were told BT was called to fix something (which wasn't fixed - the next day it was just as bad). The cost was removed from our bill which was nice, but having in room wifi was pretty important to us so this was a let down. We've had similar wifi problems in other Hiltons as well, wonder why?
We did not opt for a paper in the morning, yet every morning we received one which we had to return to the front desk. A mix up of some sort.
The buffet breakfast was fantastic - go for the cooked breakfast which was absolutely delicious. Eggs (scrambled and fried), sausages, bacon, haggis, black pudding, beans, mushrooms, tomato, potato scone, hash browns - great stuff! Made to order omelets, cold meat and cheese, cereal, everything you'd expect. Only complaint here is the Sat morning the place was heaving with families, line to get in was long, and the atmosphere was chaotic. I don't think they were prepared for so many people.
Had room service at about midnight. They didn't have the onion rings which were marked as being available on the 24hr menu, so a bit disappointed in that. The pizza was so-so, fries were good, Came quickly and was very hot.
All and all it was a good stay - I'll give it a very good as all Hiltons are all usually very good. Had we had good wifi it may have been excellent. Please look into the in-room wifi service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland