Because of the direction the taxi approached (down a dark side street, looking for all the world as though we were ehading to a remote area of waste land where I would be robbed and dumped!), it didn't bode well. However, once we turned the corner I could see this was a purpose built, sizeable hotel equipped for business and leisure visitors.
The welcome was warm and speedy - just what you need after a long journey.
I was sorry that - in common with many hotels these days - there was no invitation to request a morning newspaper, wake up call etc - but I was informed that breakfast was available from 6.30am and that the spa would be open for another couple of hours. If only I'd thought to pack trunks...entitrely my own fault!
The room was comfortable enough, on the 17th floor and quiet - as I had requested. The bathroom was big enough to feel you could move around and there were plenty of white fluffy towels.
I never did get to try breakfast because I slept in - I had to be in a taxi at 7am. But I can't fault the receptionist: when i called down to ask that she order a cab, she politely replied that there are taxis waiting outside 24 hours a day. Now that's what I call service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland