“Hilton Glasgow - great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Save Saved
You added Hilton Glasgow to your Saves list
Hilton Glasgow
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 William Street, Glasgow G3 8HT, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £156
Ranked #20 of 90 hotels in Glasgow
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Hilton Glasgow - great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Brilliant hotel. Really comfy room, huge bed, good gym and fab breakfast. Staff are extremely professional. Bar may be a little soul-less but short hop to city centre. Well done to all at Hilton Glasgow. Will stay here again when next in the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1,578 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

After refusing to stay in the first hotel I had booked due to low standards and poor value for money I managed to book a room last minute at the Hilton.
I couldn't have been happier with my stay.
We stayed in a standard room and were pleased with the quality of the room. It was immaculate and the bathroom was lovely with an excellent power shower.
The staff were excellent, friendly and nothing was to much bother. A standard I would expect from the Hilton.
I would definitely be back in the future and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Bunglebunny,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to put guests first and provide a warm and engaging service to all our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and for the recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel near city centre. Easy to get to as well. I got bus directly outside arrivals to hotel which was £6 compared to taxi back which was £23. Hotel was great, but disappointed that they still charge for wi-fi access when you are paying £130 per night for room. Breakfast was usual buffet hot and cold. Service was slow at lunch time when I was sitting in bar area, which had free wi-fi, and wanted to order food. Had to ask 3 times before I finally got served. First 2 times I asked the waitress said she would be back to take my order but never did, so very disappointed with lunch service.
Service was better in the evening. Room was clean and reasonable size.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear OracLondon_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It’s great to hear you found our hotel nice and convenient. We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of service you received in our bar and any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I have followed up with my Food and Beverage Manager and can assure you that we have taken all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, should you choose to visit Glasgow in the future, I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Lymm, Cheshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Having stayed in Hiltons over 20 times this year and as a current diamond member I felt the experience at this Hilton was sub-standard.

Internet access not setup on my account, no complimentary water in the room on both nights and a shower that came up to my shoulders ruined it somewhat for us.

I would think twice before coming back here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Out-on-a-Lymm,

Thank you for being a loyal guest at Hilton Hotels and for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

All forms of feedback are invaluable in ensuring we maintain our high level of service and standards and I am sorry to learn of your disappointment on this occasion.

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive your complimentary water or internet access, we always encourage our guests to mention things like this to our front desk, as there is always a team member available to assist you at all times to improve or modify any situation.

I have noted your comment regarding the shower in your room and shared this feedback with our Facilities Manger.

We would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of product and service you have every right to expect from Hilton Glasgow.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. The hotel is exceptional.

Rooms are spot on with all the required amenities available. The food in the restaurant was also very good.

Only drawback I could say was car park was quite pricey.

Would definitely stay here again good location

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our one night stay - room very good, breakfast - very good but very disappointed in this day and age that Hilton are charging £15 per 24 hours to use their wi-fi! If staying in Glasgow again will be looking at a hotel with free wi-fi!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wyboston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here as we attended a function in the ballroom. The rooms were excellent large with excellent facilities. The room was clean tody and bed was huge, bathroom was also massive. I ate in the bar food was lovely and quick drinks are a tad expensive but this is a 5 star hotel easily and yes Id stay here agian. Staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear gillmcg,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, in particular your room and food in the bar. I have shared your review with our team and we are delighted to hear that you would stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Lisa

Been to Hilton Glasgow? Share your experiences!