The short story is I would have no hesitiation going here again.
In detail.....The location of this hotel is a bit strange but don't let that put you off. It's central to town and once you get over the weird location (close to a mass of under and over passes) you should enjoy it.
The reception staff were friendly and efficient checking in and checking out was smooth. I had no additional expenditure on my bill. The lobby has recently been refurbished and looks very smart. Colleagues enjoyed the bar and there is a nice gym.
Positives: big room, nice comfortable bed, easy to find equipment like hairdryer. Good quality toiletries and a nice shower over the bath. I had an annoying leaky tap but reported that on checkout. Breakfast is self service and you can ask for extras cooked to your order. Good coffee machine and fresh juice, good spread to satisfy most needs. Shame there are no banana's on the fruit bar.
Areas for improvement: for me what would make this excellent is better quality furniture. It's quite cheap quality not as solid as top end hotels. Not a problem for me, afterall I am not moving in! Would have been nice to have hot chocolate sachets in the room along with usual tea and coffee.
We had an power cut on one night. Emergency power came on in all common areas. I walked the stairs to the 11th floor rather than stay in the bar where apparently the first response to those in my party wanting drinks was we can't serve you as the till doesn't work which was a bit surprising as I would have thought it was an ideal time to make money. The staff I met were excellent apart from that on small hitch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz and EasyToBook so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland