My wife and i stayed here for 3 nights at the end of May. We arrived at the hotel, room was ready so we could check in. The room itself (Exec Floor) was quite spacious with all the ammenities you would expect, OK, it perhaps could do with renovating at somepoint, but it certainly wasnt shabby and was to a standard i was happy with. The bathroom was fine, would have again preffered a shower with door or screen rather than shower curtain, but apart from that it was AOK. Water pressure, tempreture perfectly adequate.
My only issue with the room, the beds. Why dont Hilton in the UK take after their USA counterparts or even other brands like Sofitel and put decent matteresses on their beds, ours didnt appear to have much life left in it and was really quite lumpy.
Regarding queing for the lifts, never really had a problem, yes ok, sometimes had to wait for the 'next one', but thats life.
The Exec lounge on the ground floor has changed from my last stay here, it is much nicer, shame there is no view though. During the week you have a full bar service and its not crowded, come Friday and Saturday the place is packed until 19:30 and you can only have wine, cheap champagne or beer (Soft drinks too). I am not suprised, there were quite a number of tables taking full advantage of the 'free' bar and were stacking the drinks up. I was suprised that it closed at 8pm, but again, it stopped people staying in there all night drinking themselves stupid.
Staff were very friendly, doormen on the whole were friendly, only one grumpy one.
Bar staff very knowledgable on local whiskeies, which was great, look at the bar not at the drinks menu, much better selection. GBP£5.00 a pint for lager was a bit steep though.
We ate in the Connors restaurant, quite elegant, food was on the whole good quality, my wife had a problem with her food half way through and when we mentioned it was removed the bill without fuss. Good wine selection and as per normal for Hilton, way over priced, but of course you dont have to buy it....
We were recommended a great Indian Restaurant, it was £3.00 in a taxi each way. The food was great, not your usual Indian fare but something quite different, the restaurant was caled Mother India. Worth checking out if you like indian food.
On the whole, i liked this hotel, will probably stay here again if in Glasgow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland