I can't believe the previous reviews are genuine. This is the first time I've ever written a review but was so shocked at what I was reading that I felt I had to write one.
To say a queue at the lift is the hotel's fault show a lack of intelligence. This can and does happen at other hotels all over the world.
I found no problem whatsoever with the water. In fact I stayed at the Marriott nearby, this May and due to a major burst pipe in Glasgow the hotel lost ALL WATER and use of swimming pool. Toilets in the room couldn't even be used . This again is very unfortunate but is nothing to do with the idividual hotel. I was travelling with a small child and the water in the Hilton was safe, not scalding hot or cold, so that is a lie.
As for the staff I found them to be all very friendly and helpful and all managed very well to keep the balance between friendliness and professionalism.
Concierge and doorstaff were also excellent and very very helpful.
In fact I was so impressed by the way the staff made us feel so welcome I booked my Mum in for a break the following week.
She too commented on how friendly the staff were, and said the restaurant staff both at breakfast and dinner couldn't do enough for her. The bed was very comfortable the room in in excellent state of repair with a large flat panel tv and full sized desk for work..
The only drawback I can find about the hotel is although the location is fairly central the views from some of the window aren't very nice. If you ask for a high room the view is less obscured.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.