This hotel has all the usual "Hilton" polish, with a large lobby and the expected high quality restaurant & bar. Location wise the hotel stands slightly on its own with only the Marriott close by as the immediate location is a maze of major roads. The gym on site was well equipped and included in the prince of the room.
The hotel is between 5 to 10 minutes walk from the main Glasgow rail station (Central Station) through an area which is "ok" but isn't the most flattering for the city of Glasgow. On the way is a Tesco which is about the only option if you do not fancy the restaurant in the hotel or a walk.
The rooms are very comfortable with fine fixtures and fittings and are large by many standards. I have the usual moan with Hilton hotels in general that the mini bar prices are ridiculous and free wifi is only available in the lobby.
The room I had looked out on to the M8 motorway ... not the most inspiring thing in the city, however, the noise wasn't noticeable and didn't intrude to prevent sleep. The hotel is a certainly a classy venue and the staff were friendly and welcoming.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.