“Lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with my husband for my birthday. We arrived and parked in the underground car park. We checked in quickly and were given room 1110 on 11th floor. On entering room it was very modern and looked nice. The view was over Kingston bridge.

There was a flat screen tv. Coffee making facilities and a hairdryer as well as toiletries in the bathroom. There was plenty of towels. It was a twin room but the single beds were on small side but very comfortable.

The shower was hot and had good pressure. There is mirrored wardrobes.

The spa is on first floor and lift goes directly to it. We went for a swim, sauna and jacuzzi. All were clean and working well. The area was busy but the hotel was fool.

There was treatment rooms but we didn't have any.

The breakfast was a buffet style and there was lots of choice. Pancakes, cereals, breads, yoghurts, fruit, muffins, pastries and a hot buffet. Haggis, hash browns and fatties scones. Was delicious.

Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ok so we arrived at 450pm on a Saturday afternoon, 2 rooms booked for 2 adults and 2 kids looking forward to a girls weekend, having shopped, and lunched it was time for chill and pool. Nope one room ready the other not and no clear idea of when it would be...so can you all wait in the one room and we'll let you know! Ok so not wanting to ruin anything for the kids despite being almost 3 hours after check in we go wait, and wait and call down to get told oh yes we'll send a key up, and we wait another 10-15 mins for that to happen.

Fair enough so we head to the pool, and wait as its busy - not sure where but not in the pool we could see - but we get in and are met with a crowd of guys - 2 of whom are in their pants - yes pant cotton boxers but pants and not hiding much while wet - with two 12 year old girls with us I was not impressed as they jumped in en mass to the pool many times yelling and such, the jacuzzi was painful to sit in due to the horrendous amount of chemical my eyes were still stinging 3 hours later after attempting a 5 min dip in it - everyone was moaning - the guy came and dipped it but never returned. So we leave - get changed in the coldest changing room on the planet and head back upstairs.

We change and decide to venture down to the lobby area and have a drink and maybe a bite to eat - first waiter was lovely, happy and helpful took our drink order and served us quickly. Then nothing - the people beside left and the empty wine bottle and glasses remained there and were still there when we left. After asking to order again a waiter came across and we had to ask him to wait several times as each time we gave an item he turned to leave - making us feel like we really were interrupting his night - however the food was lovely.

The rooms were also cold and the beds move when you try and sit down on them, I had filled out the HHonours form asking for foam pillows and an extra towel - we had 1 towel between us and feather pillows - so another wait for towels and the pillows never appeared. In terms of toiletries it was tiny wee travel items and wifi is a lovely £15 for 24 hours so take a dongle if you're planning on needing internet. The room looks clean at surface level but the inside of the wardrobe was paint hanging off and damp and the area round the bath needed a good scrub.

The noise cant be blamed on the hotel but hoestly folk should show some respect at 2am not shout along corridors. Breakfast was a Hilton classic and brilliant and the best bit of the stay.

To be honest it was so disappointing as last week I spent time at Hampton Hilton supposedly a 3* who provided much better facilities. We had a great time despite this or in spite of it and good company makes up for a lot but I'll not go back and I felt upset that I'd recommended it for our stay, but it just shows its not always what it says on the tin!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Amack,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations. Your comments have been forwarded to the relevant management for their attention.

Your review will be included in our on-going customer service training with all Team members particularly those departments detailed within your review.

As a loyal HHonors member I am sorry to hear that you would choose not to return to the hotel, however should you wish to discuss your review in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at sales.glasgow@hilton.com or call 0141 204 5555 and ask for Lisa Laverty in Business Development.

Kind Regards,

Lisa
st andrews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We booked this as we were flying out to Amsterdam the next day and it would allow us to visit Glasgow the day before.
the Hotel was not difficult to find and despite the reports read, the car park was easy and managed our landrover without problem. a little pricey but bearing in mind we were in the town center no real problem.
the staff were very helpful with fast check in and out
the room was good size and clean with a great bathroom our only problem was not being able to open the window to bring down the temperature (even with the aircon it was too hot at night) however as we were 17 floors up I understand the H&S limits. The plus side was at night the view was wonderful.
we had a very good meal in the restaurant - a 5 course buffet followed the next day by a very comprehensive and enjoyable breakfast.
We will certainly use the Hotel on our next trip from Glasgow

Room Tip: great views from upper floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

It would be a shame to rate this hotel with less stars so I won't as it would be unfair to the hard working staffs at this hotel., But I am enjoying my stay as I am writing this text, The only slight problem for me with this hotel is that there is no quality Brandy in the executive lounge. All we had was some cheap brandy (Sorry Couldn't drink it as it tasted like petrol). Even though Anna and Catherina were the most pleasant, perfect personality and host in the lounge area, So much so I had to shake their hands to say goodbye for a lovely night. Move over to the bar area in the foyer and still all they had to offer was a Martell VS. But not to worry, the night was full of laughter. Brandy or no Brandy, The night is what you make of it. I have had the most excellent night so far at this hotel and can wait till Breaky. This a quality hotel on the same par as Belfast, Gatwick or Edinburgh (My new friend Ruth is a star there). The rooms are very nice and lovely, what you should expect from an Hilton (What a Hilton brand should be). Off to bed now, Slightly drunk and happy and not take anything away from the staff.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ayr, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed with my wife when going on Xmas night out in the town.

Had asked for high room when I booked and got stunning views from up in the gods!

Staff are really attentive, check in and out were stress free. Even got a bit of a freeby due to HHonors membership, its worth having.

For a five star hotel, the leisure area is a bit small, but pool and gym adequate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

When staying in Glasgow on business I would normally stay in the Marriot Hotel which is located very close to the Hilton. However this time around I decided to book into the Hilton to see what it was like and I have to say I was not disappointed. Very helpful friendly staff and all the public areas were clean and fresh.
My room was on the 14th floor, it was the standard double room, again it was very clean, fresh, spacious and tastefully decorated. Most importantly of all the room was quiet and the bed was comfortable so I got a good night’s sleep.
The buffet breakfast the next morning was one of the best I have ever seen, an amazing variety of food on offer, good quality, well cooked and well presented. I was so impressed with my stay that I joined their Loyalty Program.
So it’s safe to say I will be returning to the Hilton in Glasgow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Darvel, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

booked for 4th and 5th february with dinner on the first night. dinner was buffet and was excellent - great choice of starters and mains with the option to upgrade to a la carte. bed was queen size and very comfortable and breakfast on both days was buffet style with everything you could imagine. this hotel is so central for shopping, lunching and dinner in the city centre and practically anywhere you go it is £3.00 for a taxi back to the hotel. excellent 4 star hotel and would definately make a return trip.

Room Tip: most rooms face the kingston bridge which you can hear faintly so ask for one on other side of hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Glasgow? Share your experiences!