“Dated and disappointing.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Edinburgh
“Dated and disappointing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed here a few times now and I have never been impressed. The hotel is clearly designed to be impressive, grand and luxurious. Sadly, it falls well short of the mark. Glasgow is a warm, friendly and informal city. This place needs to reflect that more. It's cold, corporate and stuffy. The hotel is also showing its age and the guest rooms need refreshed -- especially the bathrooms. When I have stayed there, my sleep has often been disturbed by strange noises coming from the air conditioning system.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear benvorlich,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am sorry to read your comments regarding your stays at the hotel ,all forms of feedback are invaluable in ensuring we maintain our high level of service and standards, I have shared your feedback with our management team to include as part of our on-going assessment of products and services that we offer.

Please feel free to contact me at sales.glasgow@hilton.com should you wish to discuss your review further.

Kind Regards
Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Dumfries
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have long been an avid supporter of this lovely hotel where nothing is ever to much for staff in relation to customer service and getting it right.My other half and I were going to theatre early so were very much looking forward to what has always been an outstanding afternoon tea free courtesy of your executive lounge wrong gone are their lovely egg and salmon sandwiches and are replaced by small finger desserts ,don't get me wrong they looked lovely as did their usual little scones with clottedcream.As a country we are under siege with the threat of obesity the sannies are the more healthy option.As a frequent flyer at hilton from an income generation point of view you can understand this move but what would have been wrong on checking in advising customers ,sandwiches no longer available, coffee good as always however I have to say I prefer prepacked biscuits which are untouched by hands, but I suppose they are easier to remove from lounge.At six o'clock we popped again one non regular exec lounge member of staff who could not cope with demand for hot snacks,chicken curry gone in flash ,and vegetable frittata made with egg so nothing hot for my vegetarian other half ,sliced peppers pickles and dip awful oatcakes poor fillings. this young woman was so busy drinks gantry and fridge with beers /wine not open to between ten and quarter past six, had to rush one drink , red wine is awful ,even for free, did not stay open any later hurried back to have a drink before retiring closed at ten!A front house reception girl came in to assist had a look that said she did not want to be there.I used to think this was the best exec lounge in the whole of UK .The same not happy face dealt with us at check out , but the reception staff at this hotel normally smile and glow this extends to concierge desk.Dining room massive staff cuts with self service hot drinks no atmosphere with the exception of chef he's a diamond. Do not think I would chose exec room at present not a lot to be gained unless you are drinking between 6 and 10 and not venturing out somewhat surprised and left a little let down

Room Tip: Not a lot of noise anywhere,avoid near lifts, higher the better views ,ask for refurbished room 8 to...
Dear sportycam,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with our Executive Lounge on this occasion.

We are consistently reviewing our products and services that we offer to our guests and I have passed on your feedback to our Food and Beverage Manager who has confirmed that our offerings within our Executive Lounge have recently been reviewed. Your feedback will be included as part of our on-going review of these products.

Regarding our breakfast service, our team are always more than happy to serve our guests tea and coffee to their table, should they prefer. Our coffee machines offer our guests a great range of fresh options from a cappuccino to double espresso and a wide selection of teas.
Thanks for commenting on our breakfast chef being “a diamond”. We have an internal recognition programme and it is always great to be able to highlight and reward team members specifically.

I have noted your comments regarding our reception team member and the areas detailed within your review regarding the Executive Lounge service and have passed this to our Front of Manager to investigate.

Once again I would like to thank you for your detailed review and please do not hesitate to contact us at sales.glasgow@hilton.com or telephone 0141 204 5555 should you wish to discuss your review further.

Lisa Laverty
Business Development team
Cardiff, Wales, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed a week on business and I'm glad I did! I can hardly fault.. friendly service, comfortable surrounding. The La carte food in the restaurant was expensive but is the same as other Hilton hotels. The food was 1st class and the bar food was equally good, especially the burger..yum yum! The hotel had a wide range of beers and some I've never seen before...they were excellent. The room was good and spacious and were cleaned to a very good standard. The hotel is very close proximity good bars abducted restaurants. Would I come back here again...certainly would!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear dav7200,

Thank you for taking the time to review your week stay at Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

I will certainly pass on your great comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I could not have been more disappointed in this hotel. My booking was made 6 weeks in advance and the hotel was informed that I would be checking in late. When I arrived I was told there were no rooms and all they could offer me was transport to another of their hotels. There was a big function on at the hotel and my assumption was that it suited the hotel to have those guests stay at the hotel and move others out. The hotel management could offer me no explanation. I would never chose a Hilton hotel again as this is unacceptable business practice. I would recommend Hotel Indigo for a lovely stay in Glasgow.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear 482EUfan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Hilton Glasgow.

We deeply regret your unfortunate experience on arrival at the hotel. The circumstances which you encountered were by no means typical of the standards established at our hotel.

I have since spoken with our management team who have confirmed that in rare occasions such as this a letter would have been sent to our guest as a follow up from our Hotel Manager.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at sales.glasgow@hilton.com or telephone 0141 204 5555 and ask for Lisa in the business development team.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Hilton Glasgow in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Lisa Laverty
Business Development Team
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went for a massage at the Hilton Spa, the massage was fantastic but the pool and changing facilities were disgusting! The pool side was dirty, the steam room had a disgusting odour and the changing facilities smelt even worse. Not impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel, let down the overall experience.

Dear jenny r,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our Ocean Rooms Spa and Living Well Health Club.

Whilst I am pleased to hear of your fantastic massage, I am sorry to read of your experience in the pool and changing areas.

I have shared your review with our Living well Manager who would be happy to discuss your review further.

If you wish to do so please contact Richard on 0141 204 5555 or email Richard.sims@hilton.com.

united kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Booked one night as part of a romantic break in Glasgow. We chose this hotel because of the Spa facilities and the 'Hilton' name/reputation.
The receptionist was excellent when we checked in. Friendly, helpful and informative.
However we found the public/ reception areas to be understaffed and not maintained to standards you'd expect ie. empty cigarette packets and food packets/wrappers left around on several tables. The 'Ti Lounge' had dirty, scruffy menu's on the coffee tables which didn't entice you to stay and relax.I was disappointed as I do love a morning coffee and afternoon tea. We stayed Sunday night? Perhaps the staffing was an issue?
The Spa area certainly needs a little updating and cleanliness here was also an issue, smelly changing rooms. The steam room and jaccuzzi were very relaxing but the pool was quite cold.
The room was ok but the decor a little tired. We loved the view from 17th floor. Overall a disappointment to a romantic stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear bruichladdichmalt,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointing romantic stay and can assure you that this is not the standard of service we strive to achieve.

Your feedback has been shared with our Food and Beverage Manager and Living Well Manager and they have assured me that the areas detailed within your review have been included as part of their on-going customer care training.

It is good to hear of the friendly and helpful service you received from our Reception team and I have passed this on.

I do hope you will choose to return to the hotel in the future and give us the opportunity to show you the full level of service and comfort our guests have come to rely on at our hotel.

Malvern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Booked this hotel for two nights so that we could visit the UCI World Cup cycling at the new Glasgow Velodrome. We got a great rate (by booking early) for an Executive room with executive lounge access. Room allocated was above average size on the 19th floor with views to the north over the city. The bed was extremely comfortable and the overall condition of the room was very good.
We had a problem with the safe which, on the second day, refused to accept our security number; called reception and a member of security arrived (and opened it) it less than five minutes! That's service!
The executive lounge was better than many lounges we have tried. Very well stocked and plenty of choice of hot & cold food. On Friday night, when the lounge was pretty busy, I was very impressed by the efforts of the three staff to keep the lounge tidy (dirty plates cleared away etc), food selection topped up and drinks provided on request.
The reception staff also need to be complimented - efficient, told us everything we needed to know and, like most of the local people we met, extremely friendly.
We liked this hotel - would certainly stay here again.

Dear dmg31,

Thank you for taking the time to review your two night stay at Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

We always appreciate it when guests take the time to write a positive review regarding their stay with us and we are so pleased to read your comments on our “excellent value & service”.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Lisa

Been to Hilton Glasgow? Share your experiences!