“Party night” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
“Party night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Spent a weekend here (friday and Saturday night) for my partners brothers works night out. Had a fantastic time at this gorgeous hotel. The room was big with a HUGE bed. The breakfast in the morning was a buffet which was amazing. The staff were really helpful and friendly. The only slight downside was the bar on Saturday night at 6pm and only 2 staff were working with quite of few of us round the bar waiting to be served including people who were going to the Saturday party night. We eventually got an apology for the wait but only after 10 mins waiting. Apart from that I look forward to staying at the hotel again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Leeds, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Crown Plaza for two nights for business and I doubt I will stay there again.
The hotel is located in a beautiful setting but unfortunately this is the only pleasant thing about this hotel.

I arrived at 2 am and parked my car in the car park. I tried to access the hotel from the entrance in the car park but this was closed! I was told that this gets closed at night for security reasons! Therefore I had to walk with all luggage under the rain to access the hotel from the main entrance.
On arrival I was asked to pay for my staying despite the fact that this has been already been paid by my company. Therefore I had to forward to email to the reception as no record was available. As it was 2 am in the morning, this was the last thing I wanted to do.

My package comprised of breakfast and an allowance to spend over dinner. Unfortunately I could not have a full English breakfast as I was told that the eggs were not free range.
No other option was available for vegetarian sausages or any other form of vegetarian food that contained protein. A waste of time and a waste of money.

Dinner was not much better as the only options available for vegetarian were bread, pasta or rice. I could have had a salad but there was no source of protein that could have been added to it of a vegetarian source.
Therefore from the menu it is apparent that no consideration has been placed to quality food (even the Premier Inn and Wheterspoon nowadays have free range eggs!) or healthy and balanced options for people with dietary requirements (as not everyone would want to have a carb feast and have bread and pasta for dinner).

Therefore a very disappointing experience for me from a hotel that I would have expected to offer a much better service.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Argyll
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for an overnight while going to the SSE Hydro for the Andre Rieu concert. A few minutes' walk from the hotel to venue, very convenient. Car parking charges at £6.00 per day really reasonable.

Room (two queen beds) was spacious with great views over the river (8th floor).

Staff were courteous and welcoming. Cannot comment on the restaurants as we never ate there.

We had a really pleasant stay and would visit again when staying in Glasgow.

Newmilns, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Me and partner stayed here on 19/12/14 for the Madness concert. Reception staff were lovely and gave us a room with a view.

The room looked and tired and the bathroom needed a good scrub the walls looked as though they had toothpaste splashed up them all and the skirtings were loaded with dust.

There were no robes in the room which stated on the website but after phoning reception they sent some up.

Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very expensive hotel, not the sort of place I would usually stay, but needed to be close to the Hydro for a Christmas treat for my Dad. The friendly and helpful staff made it a very special trip for him. A big thank you to the staff, particularly Ervin on the front desk. This is a hotel that (perhaps unexpectedly) manages to have a real Glasgow atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Marseille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am genuinly delighted about what I experienced two weeks ago. I was there at the dinner with my wife and the both our meals and the service were excellent. Especially waitress Suzana was really helpful and kind... I really recommend the hotel restaurant. Service as it should always be. I am looking forward to eating here again. Thank you Suzana you made our day!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here with my girlfriend as we saw a good deal (£70 for a king size room). We were on the 14th floor which had amazing views of the surrounding areas. There is wifi in the room but it costs so we didn't bother paying for it.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice & clean. Would stay here again if the price was right (would be ideal if you were attending an event at the Hydro/SECC).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor = better views.