Stayed here when down watching ICTFC in the cup final so it was understandably busy. Check in is 2pm however arrived at 1.25pm yet thought we would check whether it was possible to check in. Receptionist informed us that our room was not yet ready however she could give us a different room which turned out to be a SUITE. This was an added bonus and made us feel so posh. Went to our suite however it had not yet been cleaned however a quick call to reception and the cleaner appeared and got to work very apologetically. She made a lot of effort and was friendly. Other people could have begun to feel a bit grumpy about the confusion however we knew it was our own fault for being early and the hotel tried very hard to rectify it and to be honest we didn't mind waiting for the bed to be stripped or towels to be changed as it meant we had a lovely suite.
Nice little touches, slippers, dressing gowns, chocolate and mints. Tea and coffee making facilities and lovely chocolate chip shortbread. Room huge and living area of the suite was added bonus. Bathroom clean and tidy and the shower was excellent,didn't want to get out.
Used the leisure facilities very quickly, pity the jacuzzi was out of action but breakdowns happen. Sauna and steam room perfect to relax and pool was well kept and tidy. Used at around 6.30pm on a Saturday night and it was very quiet, us and two others so perfect time if you want a chilled out experience.
Breakfast was excellent, staff very friendly and welcoming. Lots of choice of food and kept me full until tea time. Something to suit everyone, cereal, toast, fry up, fruit, continental choices, and waffles.
A very enjoyable stay and would definitely return. Location perfect as train links directly to centre for reasonable £1.60 return into argyle street. Parking at hotel £6 over night which is reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, BookIt.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland