“Room was a disgrace plain and simple” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Room was a disgrace plain and simple”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with partner for a fight at secc room 1616 offftt what a wreck very bad workmanship loads of wallpaper nearly hanging off the walls a huge 3-4 ft stain on ceiling water damage looks like.
Room very small not worth what we payed .bathroom small cramped and very dated out of ten id give it a 2 very poor id suggest they look at renovating rooms quickly i wont be back till they renovate you get better cleaner and cheaper in city centre si its worth either payin thetaxi or train fare to get to snd from if needed.

• Stayed March 2014
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel, I will ensure that the issues you have raised are passed on to the maintenance team to look at. I am however pleased to inform you that we are in the final planning stages of refurbishing the bedroom area of the hotel and I would look forward to welcoming you back to hotel once this has been completed.

Dominic McVey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Great hotel for SECC or Hydro only a couple of hundred yards walk . Decent rooms with all amenities you would need, friendly staff , lifts a. Lifts a bit slow and one seemed to be out of commission most of the time. Good choice of buffet breakfast but hot food could be warmer. Good on site parking only £6 per night . Lounge/ bar area a good size and service quick . Very noisy first thing in morning which seemed to be rehearsals at SECC next door

Room Tip: We had king size bed a good choice
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, I happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will however ensure that in future food at our buffet offering is kept at a higher temperature as to not disappoint. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Excellent hotel with brilliant, helpful and friendly staff! The only downside is the lack of places round about to eat there's only the hotel restaurant-which is a bit on the expensive side or the rotunda nearby. Other than that I can't find fault with it. I have been several times before and I will be returning again.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here at the Crowne Plaza Glasgow. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Me and my girlfriend came here for the weekend and our first impression was that it was nice and clean, staff seemed friendly.
We ordered room service which was quick and efficient and the room was nice, big and cosy.
The location was good as we were going to watch Rangers play and it's a 15 minute walk accross the clyde, but for town centre you will need a taxi which is around £5-£6.
The couple of gripes I had were the fact of no free wi-fi and we certainly weren't going to pay for that as well as the room which I think needs to be sorted as hotels we have stayed at in the past have done this.
Lastly the elevator waiting time can be annoying when wanting to get somewhere, but overall the stay was good and we would return provided there was free Wi-Fi.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found your room and meals to your liking. I will be sure to address the WiFi issue and see what can be done for the future. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here on business, a really good walk down the river from the financial district, may be better in the summer but the rain made it too far in February.

Check in average, issues with the systems or so I was told. Wasn't offered breakfast upgrade (had to ask) nor was I directed to room or even told what room number I had, it was of course in the card holder but strange not to be informed.

I have been trying to stay in hotels with pools to have a bit of a swim, this pool however was too busy and badly designed to do anything. A couple of dears hogging the only lane meant no serious swimming could be done.

The room was clean enough, decent size, the entertainment system however was awful, no flat screen, no Sky TV or movies as many of the hotels offer nowadays. Had to use the bar to watch the game which is always my evening entertainment when away midweek on business, the food in the bar was average for the cost. Breakfast was much better.

Most annoying thing is no free wifi for guests, £15 for 24 hours which just isn't good enough in this day and age. Clients need wifi, I can't recall a Glasgow hotel in the past 12 months where wifi hasn't been included and for this reason coupled with the lack of SkySports I won't be back.

Only saving grace was a member of staff who helped me out with a phone charger that I desperately needed to borrow, think it was Joanne who helped me out, my memory isn't great but thank you so much you were really helpful...

All in all an average experience, other hotels do offer far more for your money. Not sure I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay due to a number of factors. I will be sure to discuss your review with our reception team to ensure every courtesy is offered at check in and appropriate measures are taken to inform you of our facilities. I have taken your comments on board and I will discuss these with our team members to see what can be done to improve our hotel. I hope to welcome you back in the future so we can show you what Crowne Plaza Glasgow can offer.

Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on Friday and loved everything about our stay. Staff were friendly, room was very nice, clean and well presented. We used the pool and sauna which was lovely and we'd just missed the kids swimming club so the pool was quiet, thankfully, 'cause that would've bugged me.

Breakfast was absolutely gorgeous, particularly the haggis!! We must've spent 1.5hrs sitting eating, chatting and reading papers and the restaurant, facing river and lovely, large glass front to the hotel, is a very nice way to start your day.

Love the bar area for sitting reading or relaxing with a drink. I like Mojitos, which aren't on the menu but they made me one anyway. It wasn't very good, especially for £8.50. Sort out a decent mojito and you'll make me very happy :-)

We usually book the Radisson, but the Crowne Plaza just became our new favourite. We live locally and book hotels every now and again just to have a nice night in Glasgow without the kids. After this visit I don't want to stay anywhere else next time. It's also super-handy for gigs at SECC, Hydro or Armadillo.

Room Tip: We had a nice view of the river. The skyline in that part of Glasgow is very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us, especially breakfast. I hope to welcome you back very soon for another relaxing break.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Arrived at the Crowne Plaza after visiting the SECC for a show. Greeted by the front desk staff who were pleasant enough and did their job but did not feel overly welcomed to the hotel and I feel this is always a good idea to start of the experience. We were allocated our room, which was booked using a last minute website, and told that it was a twin room as this was all they had and in the future if we wanted a double room we would have to phone ahead. As it was last minute we were understanding of this. We went to the second floor and found our room, which had a good view over the Clyde and the facilities were ok. We were undecided what to do for dinner but our minds were soon made up with the level of noise that continued on for some time. Doors banging constantly, people running in and out of rooms and what sounded like a herd of elephants running in the room upstairs!!! After the unbearable noise, we left to go out for dinner and went to Clydebuilt inside the SECC - excellent food, drink and atmosphere by the way. When we returned to the hotel the noise had stopped and we settled in for the night. The quality of sleep was not great - the beds were not the softest I have ever been on and the loud opening and closing of doors began again in the middle of the night so we didn't sleep for long. Then a group of guests had a loud conversation outside our room at 4.40am so no sleep for us again. I realise that the hotel cannot be judged on the other guests in the hotel but its worthy of a mention to describe our sleep. Morning came and we went for breakfast, which was held in a modern and well decorated restaurant on the ground floor. There was a large selection and we were very happy with what was on offer and the quality of food. The staff were very helpful and cheerful and it was the best experience of the trip. On returning to our room and with the aid of daylight, the room appeared to be quite dusty and not entirely clean. We found rubbish on the floor from previous hotel users which had obviously missed during a previous "clean". There was an electronic device in the desk drawer with exposed wires, which had obviously been in there for some time, the shelves above the minibar were dusty and unclean and the general wear and tear was not great. We went to check out and there were no niceties that usually go with checking out - "how was your stay?" or "hope to see you again soon" which can always show that a staff member is interested, fake or not. The car park charge is also a bit much considering we were staying in the hotel. I was very disappointed with the stay, which is a shame because the location is so great and it could be such a good hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with the level of quality of your stay and would like to offer my most sincere apologies. We hope that all our guests experience a restful night with us and I am very sorry to read that this was not the case. In concern to your comments on the cleanliness of your room, this is not the standard we hope our rooms are and I will be discussing your feedback with our housekeeping team. I will also be sure to discuss your point with our reception team.

Once again I would like to apologise for the quality of your stay but I hope that you give us another chance to show you what Crowne Plaza Glasgow can offer. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Dominic McVey

Been to Crowne Plaza Glasgow? Share your experiences!