I had to stay overnight in Glasgow and, not wanting to bother my in-laws, checked into this hotel for a night.
So, the hotel has a wonderful vista overlooking the Clyde. The rooms are tired but comfortable. The usual CP toiletries are there. Room service is good. Internet is fast enough. All in all a nice hotel.
Then I went for breakfast.
Not just a lot of food, but the quality of the meat was superb. Lorne sausage, bacon, black pudding, links - all the normal stuff. And haggis! I've never ever had haggis for breakfast and I certainly wasn't starting this trip, but, if you're not from Scotland, and want to experience haggis - why not?
So, next time we're staying with our in-laws, I might just book a night in the CP - go to a show, or a meal in town then experience the breakfast.
The strange thing is, as I travel a lot, I rarely have more than 2 eggs for breakfast. But this time - I was stuffed.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.