“The best for secc and hydro.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
“The best for secc and hydro.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at a few hotels in Glasgow for shows over the years. This is my favourite. The staff have always been great to us and the breakfast is great. I agree that there are some tired bits, but it is very very good value. We recently had a stay in one of the executive rooms, so you get a nice room on 15th floor and access to the club room for complimentary drinks and nibbles per show. The pool and spa are best early but still worth a visit. I would recommend this hotel for any show at the secc as you can walk straight through to the event from the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased to read that as a returning guest you continue to enjoy your time with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Dominic McVey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We chose the Crowne Plaza for convenience for the nearby Clyde Auditorium where we saw Jools Holland And His Rhythm and Blues Orchestra.
Reception staff were very friendly and efficient on arrival. The hotel was clean, and looking very Festive. Our room was clean, well decorated, the bed linen laid out nice and the bed very comfortable.
We enjoyed a lovely meal before the concert. Bar staff worked so hard as it was very busy & we even saw members of the band!
Breakfast was buffet style, plenty to eat, tasted good and was kept topped up fresh.
All staff very friendly and helpful.
Lovely sited hotel on the banks of the Clyde, where we enjoyed a walk next morning.
Thanks for all your hard work, we would not hesitate to return & next time use the spa & pool :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking during your time with us. I will be sure to share your review with our team members and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family have just returned from spending Christmas in this wonderful hotel , the 3rd stay we have had this year.Everything from the staff on reception to the cleaning of the room was just brilliant. The restaurant was fantastic with a large variety of food on offer. We have tried other hotels in Glasgow but found this is the best all rounder .
Looking forward to our next visit already - keep up the good work
Angela McAlpine

Room Tip: The best for view is the river view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your Christmas with us so much. I will be sure to share your review with all our team members as it is always rewarding to see how much their hard work is appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you all back very soon.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Plaza which is a convenient 5 minute walk from both The Hydro and the SECC. Well presented room, very comfortable bed and a superb shower!
We just had breakfast during our stay which was delicious to say the least. A very good selection of items and everything cooked to perfection.
There are also Leisure Facilities available to all guests. The hotel is right across from the Science Centre(and IMAX Theatre) which is a great attraction to spend a few hours in.
Overall a great stay and would definitely return!

Room Tip: If possible, try and get a room on one of the upper floors as there are beautiful panoramic views of...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found everything about it to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Booked this hotel to try something different. From the car park there is and enclosed walkway to the hotel. This was very welcome as it was wet and windy on the night of my arrival. Once reaching reception the receptionists made you feel very welcome. I was upgraded to a suite due to the loyalty scheme I belong to. The room was very clean, warm and had fantastic views of the secc and the Glasgow skyline. Rooms were of a good size. Each room had a tv and the bathroom had underfloor heating. Very nice when you step out if the shower. Also tried the swimming pool and steam room. The facilities were very clean and well maintained. I wouldn't have a problem recommending or revisiting this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to send feedback on your stay. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed here during the winter storms in 2013. The weather outside was bad and the wind was rattling around some temporary (I hope!) passageways into the hotel. Once inside though it was warm and friendly, with good food in the restaurant and nice rooms. Check in was efficient although I wasn't given my free wifi access that I should have received.

I ate in the restaurant (there are few other options unless you want to walk back in to the city centre). I chose the set three course menu and really enjoyed it. The main course was a hot buffet but despite this everything was fresh and hot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that we provided warm and comfortable shelter for you during the storms and you found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back under better conditions.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Nice enough hotel and located near the Hydro which is why we were there. Room was fine but bathroom was getting a bit tatty. Good nights sleep though.

Breakfast was very good.

Check in no guide to facilities that were available and could find any in the room as only there for one night we never bothered.

Check out - not asked if we enjoyed our stay not a deal breaker but its nice to be asked.

Parking - is it really necessary to charge?

Value for money is poor which is what drags down the rating.

Room Tip: Good views from the higher floors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay. I am pleased to read that you found your room and breakfast to be good, but I am sorry that no one asked whether you enjoyed your time with us, I will be sure to bring this up with our reception team for future reference.

Dominic McVey

Been to Crowne Plaza Glasgow? Share your experiences!