“Amazing!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

It was my second time visiting Glasgow from Manchester and I can't be any happier. Rates were so good during my stay, considering when I made my booking. I'd been recommended to Crowne Plaza by my partner who flies in every week for work. The spa was lovely and the complimentary lunch topped it off for me. Me and the girls went to the bar for a night they had on Saturday with Sugar cube and the music was just to our taste. Perfect location! We visited their actual cub on Sunday for cocktails with the vouchers they gave us. Can't wait to go there again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your time with us very much and found our spa to be excellent. I hope to welcome you back very soon for another perfect break.

Dominic McVey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

For a hotel I would consider to be on the higher end of of the budget hotel scale I was shocked and appalled at the service and "entertainment" when attending a work Christmas night out recently. Having 4 male members of staff dress up like boy gorge and parade up and down at 9pm just after a meal is unacceptable in a place that should (or used to) have a bit of class. Shocking.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy your experience at your Christmas night out; we have had tremendous feedback from guests attending our party nights and we do value all comments made. I have discussed your feedback with our entertainment company and have asked them to review the party games with immediate effect. Please be assured that no members of the team participated in the games on the night.

Lanark, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Just returned from a break here,would go back again in a jiffy.
Lovely sited hotel on the banks of the Clyde, lovely views over the city and down the river ( depending on your room, even numbers down river, odd numbers short up river stretch and city).
reception staff very friendly and informative, special mention to Donald on the desk. thanks for all your help.

Hotel was clean, and looked very welcoming due to the lay out. Rooms were lovely.

Food was very good, breakfast was buffet style with a few dishes that could be ordered fresh. Dinner in the restaurant was lovely, Starter and main for 2 plus a glass of wine for under £30, or other reasonable priced dishes from the selection.

Bar prices reasonable.

All staff very friendly.

Leisure centre very nice, one of the warmest pools we have used, great for relaxing after a day up the town.

Thank you to the ladies in the treatment rooms we both enjoyed our time with Sam & Cheryl. If you do go to the hotel, check out the treatment centre. Its worth it.

Taxis into town and back, never over £7 a trip even when traffic was busy.

Have stayed at other major hotels in the town before , but, found this one to have an edge on its competitors. As previously mentioned, would not hesitate to return.

Thanks for all your hard work, will see you all again soon .

Room Tip: even numbers for down river views, odd for up river towards the city
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your glowing review of our hotel. I’m delighted to read that your time with us was excellent and thoroughly enjoyable. I hope to welcome you back in the future for another wonderful break.

Balloch, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here to attend Rod Stewart concert in the Hydro. Reception staff were very accommodating and let us check in early as we were also attending the Wedding Show in the SECC. Room was clean and comfortable and very quiet! Fantastic view from our room on the 8th floor looking out to the River Clyde and beyond.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of your stay after an event at the Hydro. I am very pleased that you found everything to your liking and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed in Crowne Plaza for around 7 hours on a business trip to Glasgow. Room was clean and comfortable, big TV, toiletries provided and staff were friendly. Complimentary (or at least I hope it was) copy of i in reception in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Larkhall, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our anniversary was ruined by this hotel and their attitude towards a young couple. We had chosen to stay here and have a night on the town for dinner and drinks booking a double room and specifically requesting a double at a cost of £155 per night. On arrival I was told by the reception staff that they had no availability for a double room and we would have to make do with 2 single beds!! When I queried this it was dismissed and was told that they unfortunately they had no availability. If I had booked a double room why was it not available when I arrived at 4 pm? To then be told we would have to make do with a single bed was shocking customer care. As we were in a single room we were surrounded by families with young children which then woke us in the morning with crying and also couldn't have been much fun for the family when we returned to our room after our night out. The only saving grace for the hotel on this entire disaster was the older gentleman who worked at reception who was a pleasure and looked genuinely embarrassed by the situation. I do not believe If we were a couple in our 50s or 60s celebrating our anniversary that we would have been told to make do with a single bed! Clearly discriminating as we are in our early 20s and felt they could place us anywhere, I do not understand this attitude towards us and I will not be back to this hotel. I have never left a review for a hotel before and specifically signed up to the site to leave this, wasted our entire evening thanks Crowne Plaze

Room Tip: Any young couple should not book this hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Firstly I would like to apologise for the experience you had with us on your anniversary. I agree that an anniversary is important whatever the age, and because of this I find it highly unlikely that our team would refuse you a double room if it was available. I am extremely disappointed that you feel we would discriminate a young couple; this is most certainly not the case.

I am unsure as to how you booked your room. If you booked through a third party then, unfortunately, this does not guarantee a double room (this is merely a request). We will always endeavour to accommodate requests for double rooms which have been booked through third party agents however this is not always possible. After reading my reply you still feel unhappy I urge you to email me personally on gm.cpglasgow@qmh-hotels.com so we can discuss this further.

Once again please accept my apologies for the room mix-up and I hope to hear from you soon.

Great Shefford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently stay at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel staff were very helpful and offered great customer service. In fact all staff from the cleaner on floor 14 to the restaurant staff were all offered great service. Rooms were spacious clean and well equipped. Drinks from the bar were expensive. Hotel is a little far out from the city centre but great for exhibitions

• Stayed December 2013
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our team members and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dominic McVey

Been to Crowne Plaza Glasgow? Share your experiences!