The good news is that the rooms are great, as are reception areas , bars etc.
The bad news is that the staff were the most unhelpful that I have come across in many years, they really let the Crowne Plazza group down, I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool and various Holiday Inn's all of which were great and the staff at Liverpool were exceptional.
In Glasgow I have never felt less welcome while checking in, in all other parts of the group check in was the start of a great experience, not in Glasgow where guests are obviously a pain for the staff that they really would rather not deal with.
I arrived on Friday lunchtime and left on Sunday morning, I was serviced drinks at the bar twice with lipstick , when I pointed this out to the staff that looked at me with comtempt and eventually changed my drink.
At breakfast the same think on both Saturday and Sunday mornings I did not bother bringing it to anyones attention as they clearly were not interested.
On a positive note I should say that the breakfast was very good apart from the dirty glasses.
The final bit of service just to finish off my stay was when I dared to ask for a taxi that would take credit cards, they pointed me to the Cash machine, when I said that I wanted to use my credit card they handed me the phone and told me the number.
It was only when I walked outside and spoke to the taxi areadly there that the taxi driver told me that he was who the call went to.
It is a real shame as the hotel itself was very good, the staff when terrible and should not be seen as typical of the Crowne Plaza group.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.