“Music Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Music Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great hotel, could not fault it.
It was clean, plenty hot water.
Food was excellent, lots to choose from.
Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Frank (the man with his glasses on his head)!!!
I had my reservation made by a holiday company, and although I specially asked for a room suitable for a wheel chair user which they promised they would do, when I arrived I found they hadn't. However girl on reception immediately moved me to a suitable room. Nothing seemed to be a bother to them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am very pleased to read that your time at our hotel was enjoyable and you found our team members to be friendly and professional. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Dominic McVey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We booked a one night stay at the Crowne Plaza, check in was very swift and the receptionist extremely helpful - discussed places to eat for that evening. Room on 5th floor with a river view, spotlessly clean, with the most enormous bed ever seen!! We ate evening meal in the Hotel, we chose from special offer menu which was very good. Had a couple of drinks in the bar with prices much as you would expect. Breakfast next morning was plentiful, everything you could imagine to choose from, the staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and attentive. We had a lovely stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very pleased to read such a positive review of our hotel. I’m glad everything was to your liking and you enjoyed everything you experienced with us. I hope to welcome you back when you next visit Glasgow.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed on business attending the SECC and it was good to have the walk way between the hotel and conference centre, avoiding the weather! The meals were fine and the service of the staff very good. One down side since my last visit to this hotel is that it has done away with free wifi in the reception area. In this day and age, at a four star hotel, I expect free wifi available somewhere accessible. The rooms were nice as usual but room 512 has a back ground machinery noise of some description, so you might want to avoid that room if you are a light sleeper. Breakfast and meals are of a good standard. Good central location for Glasgow. Nice walks along the river.

Room Tip: Avoid room 512 or thereabouts to avoid background machinery noise if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and feel that we are a great hotel in the good location. I have taken notes concerning the WiFi as we are currently discussing this with the provider.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Midlands UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

A bit disappointing really, stayed here a few years ago and was pretty impressed but it seems to have gone downhill. The foyer was nice as they often are and check-in was easy but my room was really dated. A couple of people joked in the lift that I was in the penthouse as I was on a high floor- I joked that it meant I had no roof- I kind of wished I hadn't as it might have blown the dust away!! Carpets were stained and needed replacing, the room was in need of painting and the toilet wouldn't flush properly. My single bed (urgh!!) had millions of the manky cushions and an old throw that hotels persist in using which everyone knows are rarely cleaned and get slung on the floor- half my tiny bed was covered in them! There was a note to say who'd cleaned my room next to a very dusty table. Also there was an odd vent in front of my door constantly pumping cold air which made my room chilly. i stuck the heater on but the fan was too loud to leave on overnight so i slept in a jumper! Tea coffee and biscuits in room -phew! tick!! Lovely fluffy white clean towels and a nice dressing gown but the 'new' soap and a hair on- euw!! Gym was disappointing and machines old, grubby and out of date plus way too close together in a tiny area. Breakfast was pretty good, lots of choice. Food at night was really tasty but on first couple of nights it took almost an hour to come- bit frustrating for a salad! I thought it was because they were busy but the second night it was really quiet. It was ok but ill have a good look around for other places to stay before returning.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I’m sorry to read that you were disappointed by your stay with us and found that your room was not to the standard that it should have been. It is clear that there were minor issues on our part concerning the state of your room and bathroom and I will be sure to discuss the points you’ve risen with our housekeeping team to ensure this doesn’t happen again. In regard to the issue in the restaurant I will be sure to look into it as soon as possible.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We decided to go to a show at the SECC Glasgow and needed a hotel close to the venue. The Crown Plaza is right next to the SECC and would be ideal. I booked a room on line, for one night for £109.00 then added breakfast for two which pushed my bill to...£111.00. Amazing, two breakfasts for £2.00. There is ample parking and the overnight cost was £6.00. A covered walkway took us straight to the check in desk and a pleasant member of staff explained all I needed to know for our stay. The room, on the 10th floor overlooked the river and was very well laid out, clean and comfortable. Chocolates, discount vouchers and 60mins of free wi fi awaited us. For some reason, I could not get the wi fi to work, but that wasn't an issue. We slept well when we finally got back. The next morning, I didn't know what to expect at breakfast for £1.00 each, but didn't need to worry. The buffet breakfast was fit for a king. If I would criticize anything, it would be the 'make your own toast' How I hate standing while the bread gets toasted, and usually by not enough. The rest of the breakfast experience made up for the toast thing. The other thing that got full marks were the tables, not a wobble anywhere. Something I always look for, sad as I am..
Bar drinks, I thought were a bit on the expensive side, but I guess with the great room rate and a great deal on breakfast, I can't complain too much.
We also had access to the pool and gym.
Altogether, a great hotel, service and food. We will be back.

Room Tip: Just ask for a view of the river, the higher the better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving feedback for us on your stay. I am very pleased to read of how impressed you were with your stay. I am very glad that you got a great deal and found everything to be perfect while with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic service and beautiful room. Found out on arrival that we had a Club room on the top floor and access to the exclusive Club Lounge. Room was not ready when we arrived, but we were told if would be ready in about 15 minutes and given voucher for complimentary drinks while we waited. Offered help with luggage and made to feel like we were the most important people in the hotel. Lovely breakfast with a great selection of food. As we had ticket to a show in the SECC we found it very convenient especially as there was a corridor link from the hotel and no need to go outside. Fabulous hotel would recommend joining their loyalty scheme as you not only get upgraded room, but also discount vouchers and to earn points.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found that our team members were professional and efficient throughout your stay. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Bamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

So many hotels are rubbish with dealing with problems, I had a few issues with my room but only reported on checking out as was too tired when I got there late. The Hotel receptionist immediately credited Car Park and Breakfast and got the Duty Manager (I was not making a big fuss) - He had been on the best course ever in showing how they always want to get things perfect for guests. SO OK my room was showing a few signs of tiredness but I can easily put up with it when the Staff truly care and want to put things right - Hence the 4 stars!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found that our team members were friendly and professional when handling any issues that may occur. I will share your review with the team member in question so they are aware that their hard work is noticed. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dominic McVey

Been to Crowne Plaza Glasgow? Share your experiences!