I picked the Crowne Plaza to stay at recently as we were going to see Kevin Bridges that very evening at the Clyde Auditorium.
There was plenty of parking in the hotel's own car park & the £6 overnight fee for guests is very reasonable.The reception staff were very helpful & polite both on arrival & departure.
Our room was spotless,there was a great view over the Clyde & the west side of Glasgow.I can honestly say i've never stayed at a hotel where helicopters have landed & taken off so close before-it was rather unique and it didn't spoil our stay in the slightest.
I will definitly stay at the Plaza again if I was going to a show at the Clyde Auditorium or it's neighbour the SECC.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.