We stayed here for a night on one of the Itison deals which gave Afternoon Tea, and an overnight stay with breakfast for £65 and what a great deal this truned out to be!
We've stayed here many times before and apart from the obvious benefit of it being attached to the SECC when attending a gig or show, this hotel continues to impress.
Check-in was quick as expected and the friendly reception staff were helpful and efficient. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful and can't be faulted. The hotel fixtures and decor are looking a little tired but they are on par with other hotels in Glasgow and indeed other Crowne Plaza's around the UK.
Initially we had a couple of wee problems with our room. Firstly the picture on our TV was snowy and unwatchable, and there was a terrible 'click, click, bump' coming from the heating/air conditioning unit every 20 seconds or so which we would not have been able to sleep through. After a call to reception a handyman quickly appeared. He was unable to fix the TV so he made a call to the hotel manager who immediately offered us an upgrade to a 'club room'. This gave us access to the 'Club Lounge' with free beer, wine and canapés from 5:30pm until 8pm. As I mentioned the £65 was seeming like a bit of a bargain now!
It's been mentioned many times her but the hotel itself is a bit far out the town and a taxi from the rank at the door will cost around £6 to Central area or it is a pleasant 20 minute walk along the banks of the River Clyde if you're up for a walk. Apart from the hotels own restaurant theres a few places to eat nearby, the 'Yen' (Chinese/Thai), 'India Quay' (Indian) and 'City Cafe' (in the Hilton Garden Inn) are all superb with fare to suit all tastes at very reasonable prices. All 3 are a short 5 minute walk from the Crowne Plaza.
We really like this hotel and will return here again when looking to stay in the Glasgow area. The views from the high floors is amazing, the beds are superb ( if it would have fitted, the duvet would have been in my luggage! Loved it!), the amenities are excellent quality and the room is quiet throughout the night. Best nights sleep I've had in a hotel in a while.
Excellent hotel, comes recommended by us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland