“Great value, friendly staff, exelent city center location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Argyll Hotel

You added Argyll Hotel to your Saves list
Argyll Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   973 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7TQ, Scotland (West End)   |
Ranked #33 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Telford, United Kingdom
“Great value, friendly staff, exelent city center location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

3 year running I have stayed at the argyle hotel in October this year I joined in there murder mistery night which was by far the best I have been to, they even had musicians between the acts while the food was being served ! Definitely recomended!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank glennphill88

Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed with 3 Friends while we were working at the SECC, it was absolutely brilliant! always vary clean and with a nice fragrance. Very friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful buffet breakfast lots of variety to pic from. and great restaurant menu.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are great!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have given this hotel 5 in the ratings. That does not mean that it is a five star hotel - it is a 3 star hotel. However it is an excellent 3 star hotel. It is in a great location, it is reasonably priced, it is very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. In addition there is a bar in the basement, 24 hour reception and there is free Wi fi. My aunt, 3 cousins and myself stayed there recently. We booked 4 single rooms, but in fact the other 3 were all allocated 3 double rooms. All of the rooms are en suite and the double rooms had a bath as well as a shower. They were at the back of the building so they were very quiet. I had a single room on the third floor, but there is a lift for those who don't like to climb stairs. I didn't have a bath, but the shower was very good. Although it was at the front of the building I slept with the window open and was not bothered by some street noise. In all honesty the decor is a bit dated, but again I stress that it is 3 star, very clean and there is everything you need. If I was really picky I could add that my pillows were not very comfortable and my bed was a bit too firm for my liking. However, I suspect that most people prefer a firm bed. I still slept fine. I was however disappointed with the breakfast which is a buffet. I though that the sausages and mushrooms were not sufficiently cooked. I suspect that the mushrooms were tinned, but if they had been fried or cooked in butter they would have been fine. The sausages were mushy and not cooked well enough for my liking. I wasn't fussed on the scrambled egg either, but the hotel cooks fried, poached or boiled eggs to order. My aunt had the boiled egg twice and my cousin a poached egg and agreed that they were perfect. There is an abundance of fresh toast. The fruit salad is tinned too and I would have preferred fresh, but it may not be cost effective. Overall, if you are having a break in Glasgow I would definitely recommend this hotel. I would also recommend Glasgow. The shops are great and there is a lot to do and see.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed with two friends at The Argyll Hotel and could not fault it. Excellent central heating and lots of hot water always. Very helpful staff, lovely breakfast staff and plentiful breakfast with porridge cooked to order. The Argyll is perfectly situated for easy walking into Glasgow Centre and the SECC, and on the Tour Bus route with stop 20 just across the road. The Taliki Greek restaurant is a few yards along on the other side of the road where the food and jolly service was wonderful. Five minutes walk around the corner was an Italian restaurant, Larmora, which also was excellent. Unfortunately the restaurant at The Argyll was closed when we stayed. We are already planning our next visit.

Room Tip: Front rooms are onto a main road, so light sleepers might need to consider taking earplugs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife booked this hotel for our holidays, when we got there it was amazing, really friendly and caring staff.
The room was lovely and clean and the whole place was decorated really nicely.
We will definitely be back, I recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Londonderry Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were visiting our son who has now moved to Glasgow and wanted a hotel close to him. On the website the rooms looked really spacious but on being given our key we found we were on the bottom floor looking out to a wall. The room was cramped and the bathroom although clean was in serious need of updating. We were also asked to pay for the room upfront which we have never been asked to before. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Small friendly hotel just 15 minutes walk from the SECC which was perfect for me. Staff were pleasant and helpful and the service more personal than is generally the case in a large chain. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a newly refurbished room with a four poster bed. It was immaculate with a sparkling new bathroom and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2012