“Brilliant value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Glasgow Pond Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 0XP, Scotland   |
Ranked #49 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Newport, Shropshire, UK
“Brilliant value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was really pleased with this hotel. The free parking was a huge pull and it was perfect for our group who were in Glasgow to catch up with family and friends. The room was small but immaculate and the breakfast was excellent. It was very busy and we overlooked the garage and the reception but we still slept soundly each night. I would happily stay there again.
It wouldn't be my first choice for a romantic city break it's too far away from the action in the city and the west end.

Room Tip: The room for 3 was perfect for a couple and a child.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel is very average in every why but I actually had a good nights sleep so overall 4 out of 5.
On business travel sleep quality is more important than bells and whistles at breakfast.
Has a petrol station just beside it send also near the hospital

• Stayed September 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here last weekend for a couple of nights and were very pleased with the accommodation, service and value for money. I had checked we could leave luggage earlier than check-in time but the friendly and efficient receptionist was able to give us our room at noon so that was great. The room was warm, clean and the beds comfy with perfect light duvets so we didn’t ‘stew’ all night. Admittedly there were wedding receptions on both nights and there was quite a bit of noise in the earlier part of the evenings but we were so tired both nights we slept soundly – very little road noise though from Gt Western Rd, windows must be well soundproofed. We didn’t sample the breakfast so can’t comment on that. Importantly for us, there were excellent bus transport links right outside the hotel which was a huge bonus, both for getting into central Glasgow and back to Argyll (our home). Would definitely go back and stay here again as we’re regular visitors to Glasgow, got a good deal on a twin room and would recommend the Pond to friends. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the pond hotel with my friends for the weekend, I couldnt find fault if i tried. Doesn't look much from outside, but pleasantly surprised from the moment we arrived. Staff were great and managed to check us in early. We had food and drinks in the bar, food was lovely, rooms were clean and modern and just what we needed for our weekend, definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Castelnaudary, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located. Very comfortable accommodation. The staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful, The breakfast was all anyone could wish for and we would definitely stay again!

queensland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We got this hotel room at a very good rate so I guess we were happy enough, BUT if I had paid the normal rate I would be very unhappy with my stay, I would only stay here again if I got an excellent rate.

The good points

Room is cosy, furnished nicely, safe, hair dryer, large TV, shower is good, free parking

The bad points

Staff, especially the young girl who checked us in on the night of the 15th October. First impression of this hotel is a surly young girl who could not care less about the customer. She did not smile or greet us on arrival, she did not answer me when I said hello, how are you, she put a registration sheet in front of me to sign and that was it. On check out the man did not even look up from the phone when we left, he took our key, checked that we did not owe anything and said Ok, all set.

Cleaning staff - Did not make our bed properly, just pulled up the doona, so when we went to bed the next night the sheet had come out from bottom of mattress and our feet were on the mattress as the sheet was half way up the bed. The sheets did not fit mattress properly. We were not left soap on day 2 or 3, I had to go downstairs on day 3 and ask for more soap. The shampoo and bath gel small bottles must be refilled from larger bottles as on day two I could see that they had been refilled as it had spilled over to the outside of bottle and was all sticky and looked horrible. The room was terribly warm and we could not change the temperature at all, there was no control in the room to do this.
There was supposed to be wifi in all rooms and we need wifi to conduct our business. We had wifi intermittently, maybe for 15 minutes and then nothing cor an hour or two hours at a time. Rezlly annoying, we rang downstairs a few times and their solution was to come down to the lobby and use it down there. It is a real pain to use their wifi also, every day we had to get a new code and sign in again and half the time it did not work. Our key was not coded to use for 3 days, so on the last 2 days we had to go downstairs and get the key recoded to get into our room. I thought the staff were unprofessional and quite rude and uncaring.
The walls are paper thin, we could hear everything going on in other rooms and in the hall way.

Room Tip: I would not pay the normal rate for this hotel and if you NEED wifi I would think twice about stayin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

hotel was nice enough but some of the staff were rude and not very helpful it was like we were in there way we would not be staying here again!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

JoeGallacher, General Manager at Glasgow Pond Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Good Afternoon Dougbell,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to to contact me following your recent stay at the Glasgow Pond Hotel.

Naturally I was dissapointed on reading your comments, as this is not our usual standard of customer service and it is only with feedback such as yours we can maintain and improve our quality of service.

I would welcome a little more detail to your feedback as it is difficult for us to identify the shortcomings described in your review, therefore please contact me direct on 0141-334-8161.

Kind regards

Been to Glasgow Pond Hotel? Share your experiences!