“Dilemma ?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Sheep Bistro

Black Sheep Bistro
10 Clarendon Street | St George's Cross, Glasgow G20 7QD, Scotland (West End)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Normal food, good portions and fair prices. Owned and staffed by a family.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Dilemma ?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My 2nd visit to this wee gem of a eating place, the dilemma starts when you are deciding what to have , as you see other tables getting served the plates are Wow, do i order starter & main,or main & dessert, or starter & dessert, no way are you going the full monty unless you are related to Rab haw the glesga glutton ,the food is cooked to perfection , the young ladies who serve the tables are the icing on the cake so attentive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“⭐AMAZING⭐”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I thought I would read some reviews about this place before I put one on, suprisingly I noticed some poor ones and couldn't understand this as when we were there it was the best food I've ever had out!! I'd love to say ever but my mum would be upset. It had bursting flavour the portions were incredible, presentation was great, the staff were friendly and such good value! I could not fault this place and I'm a real food lover and quite fussy!!!!! I try to recommend to many people as when I return to Glasgow I always want to come back here! Thanks for sharing a great resteraunt loved it. Good luck

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We used Trip Advisor to choose the Bistro and it certainly lived up to its ratings. The food was outstandingly good and very reasonably priced. I particularly liked the scallops and black pudding but the mains were equally tasty. Helpings were generous too. The service was really friendly and attentive. Would certainly go again if we were in Glasgow.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Sunday dinner :))”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Our 2nd visit to this little fab place & have to say it was the best Sunday roast iv had :) the roast beef melted in your mouth!!yorkshire pudding...FAB..my husband had the beef olives,mash&veg...generous potion I should add,,then the decision on the desert....hmmm,,,,,,,well the rasperry cheesecake won it DELICIOUS !!!! Already got my next desert planned for my next visit :)) Lovely cosy place to eat ...& cocktails too :))

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Homely, friendly with excellent food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Using trip advisor the Black Sheep was the choice for a family meal. A small clean bistro with a nice atmosphere music in the background but not loud. A very friendly greeting on arrival from the staff who throughout the meal made you feel welcome. Bottles of tap water on the table always for me a nice touch. There was 7 of us ordering from fish and chips through to a lamb shank. The menu was varied with easily something for everyone. All of us commented on how good their dish was no complaints just compliments. Unfortunately we could not have a sweet because post afternoon meal we where returning home to eat a birthday cake.
It was obvious when the sweets where brought out for other diners that we had missed out. The sweets looked amazing a lot of thought, effort and creativity I was really disappointed we had to give them a miss.
I will definitely be returning but next time sampling their wine and sweets. Excellent hidden gem.