“Well situated Weatherspoons” 3 of 5 stars

Description: This is a Wetherspoons pub
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Well situated Weatherspoons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Weatherspoons chain pub/restaurant serving food all day. Separate family part. Always very busy as it's on the Charing Cross end of Sauchiehall Street. Good deals on bottles of wine and food not too bad - a better choice than similar chains.

Visited December 2012

Watergrasshill, Ireland
“Ale crawl.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I ate here whilst on a Glasgow pub crawl. The burger and chips were very reasonably priced and set me up for the rest of the evening. Of note, there are 14 ales for sale, 12 of them from Independant Scottish breweries on the evening I visited, very impressive indeed!! Only complaint is that it took quite a while to be served at the bar, about 10 minutes, but the ale quality was worth the wait.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“worse than students flat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I've never seen such a mess in my life. 10 tables full of dirty glass & plates. Next to me and old lady cleaning the table herself, and when I received my food (late) the waiter didn't bother to remove the coffee cup from the previous costumer.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“dirty tables and wrong order”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

we came here for a quick lunch and was very disapointing. there were dirty tables every where with piles of dirty plates. the food arrived to our table 25 minutes after we ordered and they managed to bring me the wrong paninni, the right one arrived more than 15 minutes later. never come back

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Halton Hills, Canada
“Found my Haggis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was only in Glasgow for a few hours, but wanted to get some haggis (a personal favorite when I am in Scotland). It seems that Glasgow is more cosmopolitan than I expected, so finding a place that served haggis was not easy. I finally did at the Hengler's Circus and it was good (not excellent but good) and very reasonably priced. Served with neeps and taties - traditional fare that satisfied! Well done Scotland - I should be fine for another year or two now!

• Visited September 2012