“Doormen who think they are gangsters” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bamboo
51a West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 2AE, Scotland (City Centre)
0141 332 1067
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #131 of 182 Nightlife in Glasgow
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
FALKIRK
9 attraction reviews
“Doormen who think they are gangsters”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

After travelling by taxi from Stirling with some friends we were refused entry to this place without explanation We had booked a booth were smartly dressed ,were polite and friendly were sober but were told we weren't getting in when we asked why the doorman said"Because I don't feel like letting you in".I think because we are well spoken he was throwing his weight about.
We pointed out that we had paid for a booth,had asked on booking what the entry requirements were and she said that unless we were behaving badly,unsuitably dresses,or drunk then we would be aright to enter.
This was a treat for my friends birthday that we had been really looking forward to and it was ruined for no obvious reason.It cost us £100 for a taxi to end up out in Stirling instead.

Visited November 2013

Scotland
“Ruined 30th birthday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My friends booked a booth for £200 on Saturday 2nd November. When we arrived (sober) a bald English doorman took a look at us and said not tonight. My friend explained that we had booked a booth to which she was told 'doesnt matter if you have booked, it doesn't guarantee entry' WHATS THE POINT IN BOOKING THEN???? she asked to speak to a manager which of course never happened. She also left voice mails on the clubs answer machine but nobody had the decency to reply. It also took 5 days for the money to go back to her bank account. Disgusting way to treat customers. The bouncer should be taught a lesson in customer service. Im pretty sure that the club and the bouncers will not lose any sleep over this because people will still go there. Thanks for ruining a memory of my birthday!!!

Bridge of Weir, United Kingdom
“Shocking staff.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

One of our group were not allowed in and we were told this was due to them having a "shaved head". I then see another gentlemen being welcomed by the staff into the nightclub with a shaved head. I then proceeded to quiz the bouncer about the reason given to us, which was replied with "I'm not having it out with you". In the same night we ask other bouncers from other night clubs about the staff at Bamboo, they too shared a not-so-highly thought of attitude about the club's staff.
When I proceeded to email the club about this I get called a liar, and couldn't help but find their reply a little belittling and threatening-sounding.....
I think the majority of reviews on here tell you all you need to know about this place.

Visited November 2013
Greenock, Scotland, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Could be decent - needs different staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The bouncers here are overpriced jobsworths. They really have a problem with anyone who isn't a teenage girl with plenty on show.

Would avoid at all costs.

Visited July 2013
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“just no”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

went to Glasgow for my daughters 21st birthday, had 2 drinks elsewhere and went round to bamboo. all of us dressed smart and sober went to go in when a rude and aggressive bouncer told us sorry not tonight. the 3 young girls were going to be let in but not their boyfriends or myself (42).when we asked for a reason was told "just no" wouldn't give a reason. don't bother going here unless your female, young and have bits on show! absolutely disgusted, ruined the night, cheers

Visited July 2013