“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 1,885 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Seafood, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: Winners of Scotland's best Cafe/Bistro Award 2012, 2013, 2014 and Best Italian Bistro 2013! A beautiful authentic Italian eatery, familay run with quality food and value for money always!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Cosy, friendly and welcoming. Great with kids.
Fast and efficient service and have always had great meals.
A lovely wee Italian with a great delicatessen too.

• Visited February 2013

Glasgow
“Authentic, lovely ... try it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My mother and I went out of our way to try this place on the recommendation of a friend. We almost stayed in town for lunch but felt particularly intrigued so jumped in our car and took the short drive over to the East End - I'm glad we did.

From the minute you walk in the authenticity is tangible from the lovely old photos on the wall to the deli at the front, the whole place screams ITALY! The place was mobbed on a Wednesday at 1p.m. but the friendly manager beckoned us towards a table when he saw us hesitantly standing at the entrance. The service was friendly and prompt throughout and it was lovely to see staff seemingly enjoying their job and interacting with their customers; it is just such a lovely homely and relaxed ambience.

The tables are fairly close together, there's no cotton table linen or expensive cutlery or glass ware, but the menu is typically Italian, as you would expect, and served piping hot. The minestrone is thick with vegetables and flavour, the pesto pasta creamy and delicious. My mum had a dish of Chicken with a sauce and rice ( I can't remember what it was, I was too engrossed in my own meal) and she finished every last bit which is rare so I was surprised and for me, this is recommendation enough.

There was a father and his young daughter at a table next to us - the little girl had been given crayons and some paper to keep her entertained and it was lovely to see the waiters taking a genuine interest in her.

Everything is reasonably price with a set menu or a la carte option available. I loved it. It's not up market, fine dining or stuffy but it has charm, great food and friendly staff. I wish the management well, they've a little gem there.

• Visited March 2013
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Pasta never tasted this good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We visit Celino's when we visit Glasgow. We love the food. So tasty and flavoursome. The service is always excellent; friendly and helpful. The deli always gets a visit from us on our way out. Can't recommend this place highly enough.

Wexford, Ireland
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Situated on Alexandra Parade, this restaurant looked very inviting from the outside and we were not disappointed when we went in but unfortunately both our main courses were cold and that set the tone for the evening. Perhaps they just had an 'off-night'.

Visited February 2013
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Me & my family love it here. We go at least once a month & the food is always very fresh & delicious. On my last visit I had prawns in a garlic & chilli sauce & seafood risotto & both were excellent. The staff are so friendly & cannot do enough for you. Very kid friendly too, my little boy who is 8 is always asking when we can go back there to eat. Will continue to go to Celinos as delicious food, amazing staff & great value for money make this place the best in Glasgow for Italian food.