“I liked it a lot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of citizenM Glasgow

You added citizenM Glasgow to your Saves list
citizenM Glasgow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Renfrew Street (corner of Hope Street), Glasgow G2 3BW, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Ranked #8 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Northampton, United Kingdom
“I liked it a lot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Spent 3 nights there at the end of October in a small group, taking two rooms. I had never heard of Citizen M before this stay and the photos on the website (showing how small the rooms are) almost put me off. I’m glad they didn’t! We had a brilliant stay. The rooms are small – really small – but the Citizen M concept makes this almost part of the experience.

I was expecting a sort of Japanese capsule hotel - all about packing the maximum number of rooms into the building. However, while they certainly have squeezed the rooms in, the quality and interior are not at all budget airline. Having since read up on the concept, I have to say I get it. The absence of a front desk, porter and bloke outside in a silly outfit is really appealing. In their place you get great service without anyone holding their hand out for a tip! When I say great service, I mean absolutely unbelievably great service. The service from the staff I met – all of them – was the best I have every come across anywhere in any environment. I have no idea how Citizen M has managed to find and recruit such incredibly friendly and welcoming people, but they must be doing something right as every person I met over the 4 days was exceptionally brilliant.

Should you stay there? If you need a normal size room and can’t entertain the idea of a quirky small room then probably no. If you are prepared to give something different a go, and are open to a new hotel concept then I say go for it!

For me, I will definitely go back next time I am in Glasgow and I hope I meet the same brilliant people working there.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same size and standard. I recommend one at the front of the building as the v...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Greek first
Antibes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Really impressed with everything from the value to design, service and location. We will definitely be heading back. The awesome barman- Steve, really made us feel welcome and we struggled to leave the bar! The hotel is ideally placed literally one street away from the best shopping in town & although central- the rooms are really quiet and we didn't hear a peep out of our neighbours... We hope that was reciprocal!! We are booking to stay in the Amsterdam Central in a few weeks. That is how impressed we are!

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Loved the modernistic concept as a foil to the rich history we had experienced in Scotland for the 3 weeks prior to our stay at citizenM. As 50+ bracket travellers we enjoyed the calm yet still exciting hotel....we'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two years ago and not been back to Glasgae since, so tried it again. I'd forgotten how different citizenM is. Unlike any other hotelminnwhjhc I have stayed in my travels. From a simple self service check in that produced by key , took my breakfast order and made up my invoice in barely 90 seconds. ( my earlier stay this week in Edinburgh at a major chain took longer to check in the traditional way than it did to take a bus from the airport!). The room is best described as a pod.
The bed is the width of the room, but the bed is c.7ft square. The lights are colours and can be changed to suit your mood.(that's not just non, dim and off, but changed colours). The TV has great channels and over 20 recent (now out on DVD) top films for free. Oh and the Wifi was free too and the fastest bandwidth I've experienced ...beyond my 50meg at home.

The bed was comfy, the shower cubicle spotless and refreshing. Only gripe is I can't. Make a cup of tea in my "pod" but I guess that's the point of the hotel, you don't expect to spend time in your room, but what you do should fun, slick and really comfy.

Breakfast at £8.95,was reasonable compared the usual rip off prices and I could eat anything from the usual continental to a cooked range....which I did.

Four Free Apple Macs for those with no internet enabled devices, free to use, easy and quick to print off the airport boarding card.

I doubt I could do it for say four consecutive nights, but for a couple of nights when I know I am out and about, this is brilliant.
Whoever designed the concept has hit on a brilliant idea.
..and the staff are all local, knowledgeable and helpful ...brilliantly so ALL of the ones I came into contact with ..five in a one night stay.

I want to the try London venue now.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife an I stayed here while visiting family. The hotel is very modern and reminded me a bit of an IKEA showroom to a degree, but it was clean, comfortable, well priced and in a great location for the City. Staff were helpful and courteous.
It won't be a cheap night if you decide to stay in the hotel bar and drink, but there are plenty alternatives close by if you want to go out of the hotel.
The concept of the hotel is very modern, ceiling to floor windows, mood lighting and a single remote control do do everything from adjust the TV and close the blinds, to adjusting the room temp and putting on lights. Allow yourself a bit of time to figure out how this works as there are no instructions, theory being 'push buttons and see what happens'
Overall I would recommend this hotel and we will stay there again in the future

Room Tip: We were in 429 which was sightly larger
Chania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This hotel really has something new to offer.
No reception, just automated check in and out machines.
No restaurants, just a bar with a-la carte service.
No large rooms, just very smart used space.

Also you 'll get a smart TV with a tablet to control everything such as lights and shuts, an iPhone dock, international AC sockets and a nice shower.

The hotel is really close to the city center, the bus station, the train stations and shopping malls.

Recommended!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 6th-7th floor facing south. You'll get the best sleep view!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in October - this model of hotel totally worked for us - huge and comfy bed, loved the tablet in the room with Internet access, room controls and on demand movies and tv, great shower pod, enjoyed the fun lighting. Breakfast was great value, the reception area was funky and staff were excellent. We will return.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to citizenM Glasgow? Share your experiences!