“Super slick chic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of citizenM Glasgow

You added citizenM Glasgow to your Saves list
citizenM Glasgow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Renfrew Street (corner of Hope Street), Glasgow G2 3BW, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Ranked #8 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Super slick chic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Ultra modern- glad I had granddaughter with me to sort the remote-controlled lights, blinds, temperature, etc,etc. At 13, she was beyond excited. I loved the HUGE bed, FAB pillows and her excitement. Very young staff group who were great- so helpful and friendly. Only gripe was no kettle. As a tea-addict this was disappointing, but sorted by taking a travel kettle.
Would recommend for value and style. Definitely want to return.

Room Tip: Take a travel kettle if a tea or coffee junkie.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Greek first
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Citizen M is in a great location and very different from the hotels I usually stay in. It has great decor and is incredibly modern, possibly a little too modern for my taste. After a long business meeting I'm looking for a comfy sofa for a glass of wine and a nice dinner at a proper table. I knew the sort of thing I was getting booking citizenM but didn't appreciate the lack of my personal taste. I'm sure lots of travellers will love this, but it's not for me.

The rooms aren't big but very well designed and much more comfortable than I expected. The shower is great, the bed is huge and I had a great nights sleep. The WIFI (without messing around with connections and passwords) was instant and the iPhone dock a nice touch.

Breakfast was ok, with a fairly large selection.

I would say this is a good hotel with great gadgets but not really a place to eat. Best to explore Glasgow for food. So, would I recommend the hotel? Yes, I would. It won't however, be on my list of places to stay in Glasgow. I'll go back to Hotel Indigo, more expensive yes, but meets my needs better and I'm also guaranteed a great cocktail and a good dinner too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

From the moment I arrived at this hotel, I was in love. The location was central, only a short walk to Buchanan Bus Station, Sauchiehall Street, shops and restaurants. (Felt completely safe walking alone at night). The hotel decor is just brilliant. It had a funky, trendy vibe and a lot of young people seemed to make use of their unique lobby. Grabbing a quick breakfast for take away or a drink in the lobby was nice. Check in/check out is done yourself on the computers and is a breeze. Plus, there is always someone around to help you out. The lobby has several seating areas, as well as a bunch of iMac computers with printer access for getting work done or printing boarding passes. The room itself has lovely touches. It was the perfect size and exceeded all my expectations. The highlights were the coloured shower pod, automated blinds (excellent for fighting jet lag!), free movies, and comfy king bed. Could have spent my whole trip in this room & was sad to leave! Will definitely stay again when in Glasgow. It would be silly not to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here overnight while going to a concert at Hampden, very central location. Managed to check in early which was a bonus. Rooms are basic but very stylish with a mood lit remote controlled shower, and remote control blinds. Beds are the width of the room (larger than king size) and very comfortable. Breakfast is expensive and there is not much seating, but have been told it is worth the money (didn't have breakfast on this occasion).

Overall the whole hotel is very modern and stylish. Bar and public areas are lovely and have a snack style area which is available 24 hours.

Room Tip: It was our Anniversary while away and our friends put banners and a bottle of bubbly in our room the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Preston_traveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Was a great stay, its an automated checkin but the staff were there to Very nice hotel, rooms were cool with remote aircon. like the moodlighting and massive bed. The bar was good with a good menu. Will definately stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Dunoon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a brilliant first time here.
Upon entering, we were kindly directed on how to check in, which took a matter of minutes, really fast :)
Entered the room to find they had left my friend a happy birthday message on the bed, which we thought was very kind and thoughtful.
All the staff were very kind and helpful, there was free wi-fi and computers to use. The movies and channels kept us very entertained when we came back from a day out :)
It was in a very central location (literally minutes away from the center)
Would definitely recommend a stay here :D

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Landed in Glasgow to begin my Scotland road trip. Spent a night at the CitizenM before driving off. The location is very good and close to the city. With the size of Glasgow downtown, we could almost walk everywhere we want to shop and to eat.

The rooms are not big but sufficient for travellers. The space are well used that we can still organize pretty well. We like it because the bed are of good quality and the room are clean that give us good rest, which is the most important.

Staff are friendly here and helped us a lot with checking in and with a printer problem.

The only thing annoyed me is the printer... which does not print... Other than that, we love this lovely hotel and would return again if we drop by Glasgow.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to citizenM Glasgow? Share your experiences!