The citizenM is a modern, clean hotel that was perfect for our trip to Glasgow! The rooms are all the same and have a clean, modern vibe that is nice to come home to after a long day in the city. There is a comfortable king mattress, a flat-screen TV with free on-demand movies, a wonderful rain shower head (and a regular shower head too) in a cube-like bathroom, a sink outside of the bathroom, and no carpet. The room is a bit small and there isn't a lot of room to hang clothes, but it was comfortable and fit two people nicely.
Having said that, I don't think I would want to share a room with someone that I wasn't 100% comfortable with. The bathroom is just there in the room and is surrounded in frosted glass--not a lot of privacy.
There was a free Scottish breakfast everyday: eggs, toast, sausage, bacon, blood pudding, and tomatoes, plus tea, coffee, or orange juice. You could also purchase fruit, yogurt, and pastries. Since I don't eat meat and also was trying to save money, I got sick of eggs and toast real quick, but not a big deal.
The location is very convenient. Glasgow is a walkable city and we walked just about everywhere. The hotel is about 5 mins away from a major shopping area, maybe like 7 mins away from a central sqaure with lots of restaurants, and 5 mins away from a underground/subway stop. There is also a little convenience store just down the street. I was doing work at the University of Glasgow and used the simple underground to travel to and from there. On Sundays, the underground opens late but luckily there is a taxi stand just a minute or two away from the hotel.
The staff was very friendly, but there is no real conceirge here. When we had questions about locations of things (like the University or golf courses), they went on google to try to answer. We could do that ourselves (free wifi!) and is not quite what we had in mind. One employee apologized and explained that she was not familiar with the area.
All in all, a great hotel, especially for someone that may be doing business in the area and needs free wifi, a comfy bed, and a nice, hot shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Glasgow, Scotland’s city centre and Theatre District, citizenM Glasgow hotel offers affordable luxury by providing modern accommodations, free wi-fi, free movies on demand, and 24/7 on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your citizenM Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- CitizenM Glasgow Scotland