“Disappointing Sunday brunch.” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Sunday brunch.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

having heard good things about this little place, I was excited to treat my sunday morning hangover to some tasty brunch here yesterday. It was so poor- i'm still surprised that a kitchen could make a straight forward breakfast so tasteless. The whole thing was bland and flavourless, and not as hot as we would have liked it either. There are far better places on Byres road and surround to pick up brunch, i would not recommend Two Figs.

Visited February 2013

77% Recommend
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent evening with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

On Saturday 26th January we visited 2 Figs. All 5 people had a lovely evening. Pre meal drinks and then a great meal. All our friends had good food, good wine and excellent service. Good atmos, helpful staff. All commended the chef, despite our different tastes in food. As 2 were vegetarians and one of these was coeliac, this was no mean achievement!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, UK
“Thought twice about writing this......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I visited with my husband on the Friday between Xmas and New Year. The guy that served and made our drinks was very polite and made an amazing cocktail. On the other hand the food was mediocre and the waitress was distracted and a little disinterested. We were very disappointed having spent a lot of time recently in The Bungo we were expecting a similar standard. From reading the rest of the reviews I suspect we must have arrived on the wrong day / time!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“First time and definitely not last”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Popped in for lunch on a weekday and it was lovely. Straight away, you get a great vibe from the design. Very polite guy served me and made me feel welcome :). I had one of the soups of the day to start which was Cream of Chicken and Mushroom. Delicious but extremely filling, the portion was huge not to mention two muckle chunks of bread! I'm not complaining of course but I still had a burger on the way to tackle, must have taken me about half an hour to finish cause I was stuffed. Still, it just gave me more time to appreciate the food, so again, definitely not complaining. Nice cold glass bottle of coke on the side. Prices were good and I believe they have a lunch special starting up again soon so even more reason to go. And they have a fire! How cool is that?!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waddinxveen, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Tasty food, very friendly and cozy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was visiting a friend in Glasgow in December 2012. We visited the two figs because I wanted to eat in a few Scottish restaurants during my holiday, because I come from the Netherlands. The meal was tasty, the people were friendly and atmosphere was great. I recommend the Nachos!

• Visited December 2012