“A Comfy Place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Alba Hostel Glasgow
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   6 Fifth Avenue | Anniesland, Glasgow G120AT, Scotland   |
Ranked #18 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Glasgow
Chicago, Illinois
“A Comfy Place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am living in this nice hostel for two months and so far it's good. My room is really comfortable and I like the kitchen, I can always cook my meals there. It feels like home for me. There is an access to the grocery store, Morrisons, with very good food at very good prices. Right next to the grocery store there is a library, if you fell you want to read or borrow some cd's. There is also a post office nearby, a bank and a pharmacy. If you need to travel to the City Centre, take bus 66 it will take you straight there and the bus stop is very close. if you want to spend some evening with friends, there is a great restaurant at the corner. I would like to recommend to my other friends from Poland.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My second visit in a year; still a great hostel! Great location near train and bus stops, food shops, restaurants and pubs, but the place itself is on a quiet side street, with private car park. Good hot showers and excellent commercial style kitchen with frigs and cupboards for guest food. Beds are clean, warm and firm. Cards can usually be used for payment or book online. Staff is genuinely friendly, and guests seem to respond to this. I still keep in touch with other guests met here a year ago. I heartily recommend Alba Hostel!

Room Tip: Upstairs front rooms are most convenient to lounge and reception.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Staff is very friendly and kitchen is nice and big. Every essential need is available in this hostel, to give you a memorable experience.
I came here from Nigeria for a placement in Gartnavel Hospital and the hostel was just good for me.Really enjoyed it. Nice guests too. would recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I needed a place to stay while working in a nearby hospital, so found Alba Hostel Glasgow. Great location, close to all amenities and transport. Friendly, helpful staff and reasonable price. I'd recommend it, specially for short stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are almost equal with regards to size and quitness.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love this accommodation while I stay there for 2 days with my friends. Clean accommodation and staff is very polite. Facilities are wonderful like TV loung with bid LCD, DVD player, a full kitchen and dining area. High speed Wi-Fi is free and also a secure care park. I found all residences happy, will reccommend to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I needed a place to stay while working in the small animal hospital up the road for a few weeks so the location was perfect. That is all.
They don't take cards so I was made to walk up the block to get money out from an ATM which is when I should have turned around and left. The receipt I was given was on a scrap of paper.

The first night I came they went to put me in a six bed dorm when I had paid for a 3 bed room. When I asked for the room I had paid for they made it seem like it was a big favour to move me to a different room. I was then made to pack up and move to the room that was meant to be in the next night. This room was dirty, dingy and right next to the kitchen.
As the previous post said the kitchen is useless and fire doors were left open.
The other guests in the hostel made me feel unsafe and the room I was shown to had the door unlocked and open.
I was not willing to spend any more time here. I asked for my money back and the man laughed in my face.
There are some other girls working at the hospital that were planning to stay for 3 months and the hotel wanted all their money up front by bank transfer so they also didn't stay and have lost their deposit.
This hostel is very hostile. Avoid at all costs. Also still not registered with visit Scotland.

Room Tip: Don't do it. You will lose sleep or money.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

A group of 6 of us stayed here last night in our own dorm. Room was spotless and beds were really comfy. The staff were really helpful, even finding us a spare mirror to ease the process if getting ready for a night out! Taxi to city centre only costs £6 but the hostel staff will drop you off for a fiver! Will definitely stay here again when going out in Glasgow.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Alba Hostel Glasgow? Share your experiences!