“A little tired” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bar 10

Bar 10
10 Mitchell Lane, Glasgow G1 3NU, Scotland (City Centre)
0141 572 1448
Neighborhood: City Centre
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A little tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I visited here with family for a spot of lunch whilst shopping in town.

The venue was quiet, with only a couple of other groups in, and it doesn't get a lot of light in, being situated in a rather narrow lane. But the decor is relaxed, and gives a pretty 'hip' vibe. Lots of chrome, splashes of colour, but it feels a little tired.

The food was good, and the prices are avarage for the city centre bar scene. The menu consists of soup & sandwich or chips and chilli, macaroni cheese etc (mostly £6 - £8). Nothing particularly original, but the veggie burrito (£7.75) we had was surprisingly tasty, (although if you don't handle your jalepenos you should probably let them know - it was pretty spicy)

We ordered house coke's and had to send them back, when we mentioned to the waitress they tasted funny she admitted that she didn't like or drink it either. So I would steer clear of that. Thankfully they sell name brand cans too, which she kindly swapped for our original drinks. The service overall was good, but being that it was quiet, I couldn't be a judge if you happened to be here on a busy evening.

If this cafe bar has any major faults it's the bathroom. Dark, grubby with cracked tiles, toilet roll holder hanging off & locks on the doors broken. This really put a dampner on our visit, and would greatly improve the overall impression if these were given a refurb.

Overall I'd pop in again for something simple if I was local, but it's probably not a place I'd purposefully go to, there are similar, but better places nearby. I have a feeling that the atmosphere & feel of the place is much more suited to early evening or after work drink & snack type visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Poor service, worse food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We popped in on Saturday afternoon & there were only two waiting staff working. We were the only people (2 of us) waiting at the bar but took at least a few minutes to be even greeted with eye contact. We had already chosen our food by the time the waitress was ready to serve us. Just two soups, a sandwich to share & a side of curly fries. How wrong can you go we thought! The kitchen consists of just a little area at side of bar, which with a very small kitchen & two cooks should be easy!
The food did arrive very quickly which is exactly what we were after. However, both soups one potato & leek ( far far to salty) & one minestrone ( had big lumps of soft bread which I think were meant to be croutons) were undeniable. The sandwich chicken & bacon had more mayo on it than chicken.
We were unsure if it was table service or not? But no one asked if we wished more drinks & we couldn't be bothered making another trip to the bar to deal with the stressed out waiting staff. We have been before on several occasions & food and service have always been poor. Don't think we will be back anytime soon!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Dunbartonshire
“What a dive!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went along to meet a friend and was unsure of the place as I had never been before and it was behind a scaffolding! When I got inside, I could hardly believe what a dump it was. I chose not to eat as I felt I couldn't have had food from there! Give it a miss I say! Xx

Visited March 2012
glasgow
“I work nearby...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

but when i see that the food is cooked in a microwave at the bar it is a little offputting. It used to be good value for money and lacks a little atmosphere during the day, but at night its busy and theres always something good to drink!

Visited July 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Old but never tired”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Bar Ten has been around for years and it's still a place I thoroughly enjoy going. With a good selection of beers and a very relaxed atmosphere it's great place to pop into at any time of day or at before heading out for the night.

Visited June 2012