“Always excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Salma

Cafe Salma
523 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G3 7PQ, Scotland (West End)
+44 141 221 7636
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #526 of 1,720 restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Moroccan
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: West End
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is one of our regular lunchtime venues and have never been disappointed. Went again this week and once again, the food was absolutely brilliant. It's small but you can book to avoid disappointment. The portions are just right for lunchtime so you don't feel bloated but the taste is superb and value for money in a central location is excellent. Very clean, staff and owner are very attentive without hanging over you. Not your usual basic 'indian' offerings, nice mix of dishes. Price is just perfect so you can treat yourself and friends without breaking the bank.

• Visited March 2013

76% Recommend
“Terrible service, great potential, warmest thing I had was my chiled coke!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my friends. Now wish I hadn't! Food took 45 mins to come n when it did come it was freezing! Pizza was lying in the oven made along with chips, mixed grill, it was freezing by the time it came down.the owner was rude and full of it! I would nvr go again. He said he cant cope with a busy night as it was mothers day. Hello shouldn't u b prepared?! Stay clear

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Very good 3 course meal at a very affordable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been going here regularly for a few years now.I regard this Indian/Morrocan restaurant to be my favourite indian restaurant.I go once every other week for a lunch.I find the staff very friendly and warm.The last time I went,I was very pleasantly surprised to be treated some very good music from Lionel Richie and other music from the 80's!I had vegetable pakora,lamb bhuna,(hot) with 2 chapatis and a white tea for £5.95.A ginger beer and lime took the cost to almost £9.I thoroughly enjoyed the meal.The lamb is always very,very tender with very little fat.The chapatis are always excellent and the tea was most enjoyable.
I will definitely be back and I hope the 80's music will be playing but if not, I am sure to get a very good meal at a good price.

Visited February 2013
“28th Feb 2013 table 1 myself & Mrs G sat down to a first class 3 course meal 😀”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

10/10 for food,cleanliness,staff & the owner who just makes u feel at home . U must try it and we had our dinner from the Indian menu (better than village) tonight. Thanks to our Asian friends GOOD ADVICE we will def be back next week

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A true neighbourhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! My husband and I first came here years ago, and started coming again recently after moving back to the Park Circus area. The Indian menu is great, but the Moroccan menu is really special. Gorgeous, generous tagines with tender meat, served with North African bread. Everything is really good value too. The service is really outstanding - free Moroccan mint tea from the owner and the lady who brought us our food was so sweet and friendly. Great stuff all round!