“Poor value” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sizzlers Steakhouse
79 Albion Street, Glasgow, Scotland (City Centre)
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Poor value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Went for lunch. Service was poor - took a while to get our order taken & food took ages to arrive also - the place wasn't even busy

Main main of fish had far too many bones - spent more time spitting and picking at them

My partners steak wasn't the best either and potatoes were dry & tasteless

Less than generous portions too. I wouldn't imagine I will be returning

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

15% Recommend
glasgow
“Good value for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Would recommend for a decent lunch time meal. Staff were attentive and knowledgeable. Food was good value and tasty.

Glasgow
“Poor Value for Money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011 via mobile

I know not to expect a great deal when booking Christmas Night Out set menu meal, but I expected a hell of a lot more that what I got served last night......

Firstly my soup starter was simply a packet soup, for my main course had the steak which was cooked perfectly unfortunately you could not say the same for the undercooked almost raw veg........

Lastly I had the cheesecake dessert which was excellent.........

But to be asked to at nearly £30 for this was certainly poor value......

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
glasgow
“10% service charge”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

A younger member of my family worked for this bullyboy until very recently.
The 10% service charge goes straight into the owners pockets and the kids who work there get a measly £1 per hour tip.
I'd tell them where to stick their steaks and their service charge.

Visited November 2011
“Bully manager should be removed, sacked or arrested for intimidating behaviour.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011 via mobile

I visited this establishment a few weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon and had a very good value lunch for £8.45 per person for 2 courses including a 7oz steak with pepper sauce, it was a very nice dining experience, but alas my visit yesterday was far from a repeat of my previous visit.
We were seated at the same time as two young men they ordered first and starters arrived very promptly as did our starters, then as you would expect the main courses should follow in order of clearing but we received our main course some 20 mins after clearing, perfectly acceptable, the table beside us waited another 20 mins and still no main even after asking staff twice where their food was, one of the party had to leave just as their main course finally arrived, his main was taken away the other diner settled down to eat, when this large hulk of a man appeared and virtually verbally abused the diner who had complained about the wait for their main course, I was completely enraged at his manner and attitude towards my fellow diner that I lost my appetite, after the diner asked him to leave him to eat his main course in peace I said to the shaken young man that being in the trade I have never in my career ever seen the like, the bully heard us conversing and came over to try and intimidate us also, I may add he failed miserably leaving speechless and with his tail between his legs. His staff seemed intimidated and frightened. With my blood boiling we asked for our bill paid it and left never to return.
This man should leave and be disgusted to call himself a restauranteur, you give your establishment a massive let down by simply being there.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere